Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. E

"Ebola" stretch Chopper (Weathering)

I think your speedo should be in mph, that would make the X 1.6 for km work, I like the bolt together idea, do the stays bolted to the old cranks have any play or did you put spacers in?
  2. E

Trauma-Free Tire Changing

Yes, I was referring to my tourer that has 700c x 25 mm tyres. The back tyre on the rat is easy to get off but the 16" front tyre is somewhat more difficult.
  3. E

Rat Roadies

Are there any clearer photos of this, I am struggling to understand the mechanics of how it works
  4. E

I have to say that for skinny wheels and tyres I like the levers with the hook to go round a spoke, it means that you can use 2 more levers to get the tyre started when removing.
  5. E

different color combos on your bike

After that I gave her my old cheappy mountain bike with an equally rubbish paint job and she could leave it anywhere and no one would touch it.
  6. E

different color combos on your bike

Photos are bit of a pain to upload but my current rat is matte black but it used to be a rubbish camo, this stemmed from my days of riding in London, a rubbish paint job will disguise an otherwise nice bike, my wife and I both had our bikes chained up outside our flat when we heard a chain...
  7. E

Was going to suggest a set of plastic tyre levers too.
  8. E

anyone know how to add shorter cranks to a 2007 walmart sting ray?

This is a question more than a solution, could the crank arms be cut, drilled and threaded or have a section cut out in the middle and welded back together (to retain the current threaded holes for pedal attachment)?
  9. E

700c tire recommendations

I would suggest bontrager race lite hardcase, when I lived in London I ran these on my dawes galaxy tour and just cycled straight through any broken glass etc, due to swerving being risky. Once every few weeks I would just flip my bike and pick all of the glass out with a small screwdriver, as...
  10. E

No skills, funky love, need help

As has been said you will be able to do it yourself pretty easily, the seat, pedals and bars are just bolt ons, with regards to the cables you could get your local bike shop to supply and fit them and give the bike a tune up at the same time, though with a decent manual or online resources you...
  11. E

Those big headlights

I considered mounting a bracket for a 12 volt 7 ah battery (like in a security system) they are rechargeable and in theory you could wire up a car stereo to it if you really wanted, obviously you could put several in parallel for more power. I also thought a tank could be good for this as it...
  12. E

Sorry, i skipped the intro

I found a cheap fake barbie which will become my other valve cap, I still haven't decided on a figurehead yet, I will know when I find it.
  13. E

I found a cheap fake barbie which will become my other valve cap, I still haven't decided on a figurehead yet, I will know when I find it.
  14. E

Yes, I do FIFO, I have put a bit of thought into how to get the bike home at the end of the contract it was just going to be a bit of a fun camp bike but I am getting quite attached to it.
  15. E

Do I need a sissy bar with a banana seat?

No worries, I hope I didn't sound too abrupt, I have put a backwards slope on the current saddle which helps as the back of the seat doesn't stick up into my bum but I still overhang it. I have made up 2 support bars out of DIN rail, I 2 as looking round at what we have laying about and it...
  16. E

I think there is a bit of a fix it scene and lots of road and mountain bikes. I used to ride to work pretty regularly on my dawes galaxy but that hasn't seen service for an age, now I ride my new chopper round camp and karratha and get the odd rec ride in with my daughter on my week off, that's...
  17. E

Karratha for work and perth for home. There aren't many choppers in karratha that I have seen so my bike gets a few looks :)
  18. E

Do I need a sissy bar with a banana seat?

The tube clamp is already at the front, if I flip it I will push the seat further forwards. I will need to see what happens with the lay back post and banana seat, if one or the other doesn't work out I have an old indi 500 three speed that would benefit from one or the other.
  19. E

I QUIT

from my experience on another forum, asking for help usually works better than chucking a tanty. I have only been using this site for a few days, and whilst the picture uploading is a little arduous (using 3rd party hosting) it really wasn't that hard, though I was using a laptop and could flick...
  20. E

ratty fixed gear

you rode a motorised fixie? you wouldn't want to get your legs in the way of the pedals on that one :)
Back