Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Von Stans

Brain buckets

Just looking at getting a helmet "finally" as the wife says. just curios what everyone uses and what they think of there helmet I am having trouble picking something that is safe and cool looking. Thanks
  2. Von Stans

New ride

Well it's been a while but since there weather is finally breaking and I am getting the itch to ride Unfortunately due to my daughters illness and having to spend so much time dealing with trips to doctors and hospitals I haven't had any time to work on any of my basket case bikes lots of bikes...
  3. Von Stans

Pedal straps

So I have been checking out these cool looking pedal straps on the net and was like I need me a pair of thought that was until I saw how much they were going for. So I decided the designs look pretty simple and the material I can probably pick up easy enough if I don't already have it laying...
  4. Von Stans

Fixie freestyle

Just curious if anyone around here is interested in this subculture of bike and if there are any builds on the forum existing think it looks like loads of fun let me know what you all think about these styles of bikes Just a random pic I found while looking at the different bike
  5. Von Stans

Bad Mojo

Well I have been counting down the days until may1 and thank god it's finally here That means another attempt at a build off bike not sure I am going to have the time to build with my daughter and her special needs and having another due at the end of June luckely I have most of the parts all...
  6. Von Stans

Glow in the dark

I have recently noticed bike that glow in the dark and after checking out the Internet is found that there is this paint you can get and was wondering is anyone on the forum has used it????? Just curious how people have like or disliked it i wanna know is it worth looking into or is it just one...
  7. Von Stans

One peice at a time

Well I thought I would throw in my hat for the build off and as the title says this build will be one peice at a time since it is my Dailey raider and lack of funds... So as I was sitting at SickKids waiting for my daughter to get out of her MRI I thought I would take a pic of some stuff I am...
  8. Von Stans

Truck bed liner instead of painting a bike????

Ok I have seen thins done on a motorcycle b4 I am just curiose if anyone Has used rhino liner on a bicycle b4 and wonder would it be worth looking Into doing....
  9. Von Stans

Anyone have a honda ruckus

I was at work the other day and the was one of these cool little scooters Parked outside the store and I thought it was the coolest scooter "other then a Vespa" I have everseen.... And since I have seen that there are pple on this forum seem to have A love for all thing on 2 wheels I was...
  10. Von Stans

Norco bush pilot

I scored this bike last summer when picked up a late 60's Schwinn I wanted to build a 26" bmx for a while but they seemed to be very hard to Find in my area but this Norco sorta looked like a bmx frame and I thought The fork was kinda neat and it had an interesting rear brake I thought I would...
  11. Von Stans

question about a 27x1 1/8 tubes

i know that you can use tubes from a 26x1.175 in a 26X2.125 tire's can you use a 27x1 1/8 tube in a 27x1 1/4 tire ???? any help on this would be appreciated....
  12. Von Stans

bobbed fenders???

i am getting ready to trim down my fenders on my Schwinn to show off a little more tire and i am a little stuck on how much i wanna take off and if i do something cool to the ends..... so i was wondering if ne one that has bobbed there fenders before could post some pics it would be much...
  13. Von Stans

something a little different

well i started this build at the end of last summer and just never had the time to really touch it and since i have been running on the 0$ budget its been a slow build waiting for parts and inspiration so i have decided that if i was going to make a recumbent i want it to make it look as cool...
  14. Von Stans

the new daily

somepple would remember when i posted around x-mas time how i score a free schwinn http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22495 neways the weather is getting but a i want a new bike to ride so since the bike is ridable i cleaned it up and threw a few different parts on it so i can...
  15. Von Stans

sweet fleamarket find....

so here are some picture of my newly acquired full suspension bmx i am not sure what it is exactly but when i was walking through the parking lot of the flea market i saw a stand with a bunch of bikes and there she was i asked the gentleman how much he wanted for it figuring it would be some...
  16. Von Stans

light conversion question???

i know there are people on the forum that are good with electrical and have converted old lights into LED light.. but my question is, can you convert an old light that runs off a generator into a battery powered unit... what size batteries would it use....... i would appreciate ne impute and...
  17. Von Stans

is there such thing as a cool recumbant????

Ok so i have seen a couple cool looking recumbent bikes like Robert Q Riley ground hugger... how cool looking is that ride..... i am in the midst of building a short wheelbase recumbent rat rod but i am not ready to post some pics haven't gotten to far yet .... but knowing the talent...
  18. Von Stans

the best xmas gift ever.....

so here is the story i was at work one day and a guy comes in said the someone working outside told him i was into bicycles and he proceeded to tell me how he picked up this mint red 1969 Schwinn cantilever framed bicycle all original and he wanted to sell it..... since these bikes are so hard...
  19. Von Stans

who loves zombie's ???

just curios of all the pple in this wonderful forum who is a fan of zombies the stories / movies and if anyone has read max brooks zombie survival guide and world war Z and how much they have liked it.....and if they think that it might actually happen or if the apocalypses happens they want...
  20. Von Stans

El Zombie competidor(zombie racer)aka corredor de autómata

i am so pumped i can do a build off :) i am hoping i can make the dead line for the finished date..my camera is out of batteries so i will do my best to find some cash so i can start documenting my build so i leave you with this pic and let you start wondering p.s if anyone speaks Spanish...
Back