Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Modbikemax

Ruff Lucky frame electric build

Try flipping the forks for a more authentic look. I think Rough Cycles messed it up.
  2. Modbikemax

Caterham Vintage Style Tank E-Bike

Welded in a real seat post to take a real seat, the original seat is good for 5 miles before you need to get off. New bars and no plastic motor. Much better now.
  3. Modbikemax

Getting incorrect results from spoke length calculator

That's a long way out. Did you measure the spokes you ordered originally. Maybe they were supplied incorrectly or miss labeled.
  4. Modbikemax

How to remove rust and polish chrome very cheap

Autosol and crumpled Aluminim foil. Autosol on its own won't move the rust. The Ali foil is soft enough not to scratch the chrome.
  5. Modbikemax

Cruisers on slicks!

I like the name Kojack, they are 95 PSI and quite fast.
  6. Modbikemax

? Is this Dual Front Fork gonna Fly ?

The travel on my forks is only about one inch. It's a pogo stick suspension off a cheap mountain bike. I used it for the look more than the suspension.
  7. Modbikemax

Felt Bicycle Pics

My Felt 750 Cafe. The chain guard has 03 on it, was removed when I fitted a 3 piece crank. Put shorter bars on and a motorcycle headlight to give it a cafe racer look.
  8. Modbikemax

crank conversion ?? Help

You can calculate till you realise that it's quicker to just try it. Especially if using old mixed parts, even the square taper can vary between jap and Italian cranks for example. I have never used those BMX cranks, they look like they should work ok but as we know when you customise anything...
  9. Modbikemax

Electra Bicycle Pics

Thanks, it's how we view things down under.
  10. Modbikemax

Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Some of the lights I have built and converted for myself and friends.
  11. Modbikemax

Electra Bicycle Pics

12. Modbikemax

I cut the brace off which had the brake pivots just like the one above. Painted the fork legs. Just letting you know it works ok.
  13. Modbikemax

crank conversion ?? Help

I have done 5 conversions now, using the Trvativ converter, and are well worth the trouble considering you will end up with a sealed bottom bracket and no play. You will find bottom brackets vary in length from around 102mm to 127mm long and you can also get offsets on the left to allow for 3...
  14. Modbikemax

Just did the same thing a few weeks ago and yes the forks do twist a bit but only if you put the wheel between your legs and force the bars. I've done about 50 miles on it now with no noticeable problem.
Back