Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Dawg13

Hack rescue...

shadows in the dark...
  2. Dawg13

Hack rescue...

got a few more bits, and hung them on, taking shape, a few more adjustments and a few more parts, and this blade will be ready for paint, dang the Campy stuff, is nice!...
  3. Dawg13

Streched Stingray + 212cc + chopper styling = project purple haze

it needs a real tank on it...
  4. Dawg13

Hack rescue...

got my crankset, and bottom bracket today, pretty clean pieces, just right for this build...
  5. Dawg13

2008 or '09 Schwinn Jaguar build, badly chronicled.

no pics, but visualize it, slide a blade between the cantilevers, and secure it in place, then mold all the tubes to it, to capture it, I'm thinking a large cove on each side, kinda like we used to do on a Sportster tank back in the day, you could even do a fade in of some shadow metalics around...
  6. Dawg13

2008 or '09 Schwinn Jaguar build, badly chronicled.

DUDE! Awesome start! On my blank page, I would ditch the barbs, and go with some clean bar ends, maybe just Cat's Eyes, epoxy the tank blank, and mold it to the tubes, forget all the woody stuff, unless you can float in some bamboo, that ride is killer clean, as it is, and specific to the...
  7. Dawg13

Hack rescue...

I did actually tack the bottom truss lugs on with a MIG also...
  8. Dawg13

Hack rescue...

thanks!... as far as the welds go, I plan to metal finish everything smooth, just like Schwinn ... welds on the frame are MIG, the fork is all TIG... as for the tires, I was limited in choices, due to the 29" size, but on this bike, they will work... again, thanks for the compliment on the...
  9. Dawg13

Hack rescue...

alsom hung the Brooks on just to look at it... :)
  10. Dawg13

Hack rescue...

got to work on my forks some more this evening, got everything bent, and tacked, still need to fab a top bracket, and finish out the welds, pretty happy so far...
  11. Dawg13

Penny Farthing Big wheel Antique Bike

This is my next project, I guess I'm hooked? lol But just a question, wouldn't the wheels be truer, if they were rolled?...
  12. Dawg13

Might NOT Finish The BO-X (BUT I DID IT ANYWAY! HA!)

every door that closes, opens another...
  13. Dawg13

Hack rescue...

it's not finished yet, but for this project, it will do, I'll post some more pics of it, as I finish it, thanks for the compliments, guys!...
  14. Dawg13

1973 Raleigh Chopper Mk2 (Infra Red) Resto.

I had one from Sears, that my dad took back, because it never shifted correctly, and pretty sure what I ended up with, was a Murray Eliminator...
  15. Dawg13

1973 Raleigh Chopper Mk2 (Infra Red) Resto.

I had a similar bike as a kid, probably a 68, or 69 model, but mine was a 5 speed, with a brake lever next to the shifter, it had some crazy looking bars on it as well, I've never seen another one, but I want to think it was called a mongoose?...
  16. Dawg13

I QUIT

it's just a flesh wound, lol...
  17. Dawg13

Hack rescue...

also got my seat post mocked up, and hung a seat on it just to look at...
  18. Dawg13

Hack rescue...

made a little more progress, bottom bracket installed, new rubber spooned on, and rear caliper brackets fabbed, now I'm waiting on parts again, lol...
  19. Dawg13

Board Track Racer from Munich

super clean, nice sled, dude!...
Back