Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

77 Schwinn Metro Cycle

I picked this one up at a local thrift store. Some light surface rust and the tires are shot, but it all seems to be original according to the 77 catalog. Not sure whether I'll clean it up and ride it or use the parts elsewhere. It weighs a ton but I love the rear rack/baskets, SA 3spd...
  2. S

Orange Klunk

Got it finished up yesterday. Overall, a very simple build. The bike rides great. Trying to gain some votes by plugging the website. :lol: Seemed only right to use a hose clamp for a cable stop. Shimano 3-speed coaster brake I laced to an Araya 1.50 rim. Metal effect paint came...
  3. S

The Orange Klunk

After completely missing the last buildoff, I think I'll give this one a try. Been considering a klunker-style build for a while. The frame will be Hemi Orange with Black forks. I'm starting with the Phat frame I picked up a few weeks ago. Wheels are a set of Araya with high flange hubs I've...
  4. S

New school BMX - Flipped!!

I posted this in fresh finds last week. Got it all cleaned up, recovered the seat, replaced the grips, painted the bars and flipped it today for a small profit. The little kid that got was real excited. :D
  5. S

Unknown LBS Find

Picked this up at my lbs this week. A customer had some work done then decided they didn't want the bike anymore :shock: I just had to pay for the repairs that were done and took it home. I have no idea what brand it is, but it has some nice quality welds w/ an integrated post clamp and...
  6. S

New School BMX

Hi guys. I found this at Goodwill yesterday for $12. I normally wouldn't have looked twice at it but the quality of parts really caught my eye. It has all sealed bearings (hubs, headset and bottom bracket), triple wall rims and three piece cranks. I figure for the price I can flip it pretty...
  7. S

New additions

I added a spaceliner springer fork and rack from ebay and gave the chainguard an Eddie Van Halen paint job. I think its done, time to move on to the next project. They're piling up and the wife is getting impatient! :roll: Before After
  8. S

Craigslist Finds

I got lucky on craigslist yesterday. Found this '74 stingray and a yet to be determined Schwinn cruiser. I couldn't believe the condition of the stingray. There's some surface rust, but it seems to be completely original. I started cleaning it up last night and aside from some acceptable...
  9. S

Pro Flex Dual Suspension

Found this at Goodwill this week for 8 bucks. It might make a cool fixed gear project. The rear suspension bushings are shot. I think I'll be able to figure out something though. Does anyone out there have any experience with these bikes? If nothing else, it has a Girvin Flexstem that I...
  10. S

Sturmey Archer Question

I have found an unbelievable source for parts and he has several 26" rims with sturmey archer hubs. I would like to make my bike a 3 speed, and I could get these pretty cheap, but there is no shifter chain/cable with any of them. Since I don't know anything about SA hubs, I was hoping you guys...
  11. S

Two new finds

I found a couple of bikes for my girls this weekend. The Huffy/Holiday Impala is going to be for my wife. I do have the fenders, but unfortunately I had to use the cranks/sprocket on a Murray Monterey I am flipping to my buddy's wife. I picked it up for $10 from a really cool retired guy that...
  12. S

I'll never forget my first!!

I'm sort of finished with my first project bike. It actually came out pretty good I think. Its a 79 Schwinn Heavy-duti I saved from the dump. The only new parts are the rims and tires i picked up off the Bike Island website. I'm sure I'm not done yet. I'd like to add a springer or triple...
  13. S

New to the forum from AZ

I've recently become obsessed with my project. I rescued a Schwinn "Heavy-Duti" from the scrap metal pile here at the Chandler AZ dump. From what I've been able to tell, it was manufactured in '79. The frame is in great shape, but the fork is bent. No seat, post, front wheel or fenders...
Back