Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. kemmer

Bike with cool dropouts

Do you know me?
  2. kemmer

The Tripod Trike aka Schwinn "Town and Crunchy"

Missed the deadline by 15 minutes, but I wasn't really done and the light was gone for decent pics anyway... I started gathering parts for a final build day in my friends garage pretty early in the morning. An exercise bike, child carrier, some kind of switch box thing, a mirror.... didn't...
  3. kemmer

I think I actually like "good enough for our gang" better anyway. 😎
  4. kemmer

I always thought it was kinda inappropriate cause he was talking about my mom... The more i think about it the more I realize it's pretty sexist and heteronormative too. 😬 Even an old queer like me has to keep thinkin about stuff like that as I grow. 🙃
  5. kemmer

Thats a great tip, thanks! I found a smaller pipe to sleeve the joint, but it wasn't a very tight fit so the results are less than perfect.
  6. kemmer

Tripod got a bigger wagon! Not much else to say, I think the picture speaks for itself. Now the less exciting stuff. Repacked the bottom bracket and headset with marine grease since it might be parked outside rain or shine. Any downsides to marine grease? While I was at it, I ditched the...
  7. kemmer

Tiny update! I had these crusty ape hangers that look great on the bike, but one side had been chopped for some reason... I thought about cutting the other side to match, but I'd like to run a brake and they were trimmed so much it didn't leave room for a lever...the one side was actually...
  8. kemmer

This is just gonna be a thread full of stuff I'm doing other than work on the trike if I'm not careful. 🤣 Got the blue Columbia from the above pic put together and took it for a quick shake down. The steer tube is bent and it has ovalized the headtube a bit, but I REALLY like the way it rides...
  9. kemmer

Oh, and pics tomorrow of what I came home with after going back on Saturday. He gifted me a prewar bike. For free. I've always wanted one, but never found one cheap enough.
  10. kemmer

Thanks... I've been spraying it with penetrating oil every few hours since I got home with it. Got the seatpost out Friday, cranks and pedals broke free today but the stem ain't budging. managed to break the bolt using too much leverage and I got it to go down just a little with a hammer, but...
  11. kemmer

Wish I had an update, but yesterday was spent with this sweet score. local backyard bike mechanic is calling it quits after 10 years cause he can't get parts to stay in business. Going back on Saturday, he called me today and said I could take anything he has left. I already bought all the...
  12. kemmer

The patina on this build is cherry picked for sure... The rear wheels came off a bike that was already built, the bars were left in the weather specifically because I knew someday I would want some really crusty bars, and the saddle has been sitting with the trike kit for years, I always knew...
  13. kemmer

He's a mutt, but he definitely has strong terrier attributes... Loved to herd the kids when they were little. 🤣
  14. kemmer

I love getting it on two wheels when he's not on it 🤣
  15. kemmer

Yep, it's a tree-wheeler for a three-legger. He's pretty good with it! He always gets a little anxious when we stop on the regular bikes, but with this one he's totally at ease. I'm sure he also appreciates the zero lean style of riding that I'm not quite used to yet.
  16. kemmer

Schwinn Cross bikes ,The original Hybrid

1 x whatever is my default setup if I'm not going single speed, I've deleted the front derailleur from more bikes than I could count.
  17. kemmer

Stingray Snowboard (not mine)

I have a Yamaha motobike that someone put skis on. I'll post some pics when I get to my shop later this week... Ive been trying to figure out how to make it a bike again, but it's not gonna be easy. The seatpost is welded in, the triple trees have been welded closed and had a fork welded to...
  18. kemmer

I actually considered entering a different bike because of that, but I'm pretty jazzed on this build and have lots of energy for it as a result. Being a late entry, it's the best way to make sure I plow through the inevitable hang ups and actually get it built in a just a little more than a month. 😉
  19. kemmer

I have started a couple of build off bikes over the years, but have yet to actually post pictures of a completed bike by the deadline... It's been fun anyway, so here we go again! I think I might actually get this one done because I'm on a serious bike building kick lately. I've already buillt...
  20. kemmer

Best Patina - "1941" WINS!

perfect example of patina that has nothing to do with paint or rust...
Back