Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

new frame for old build idea

most of my first bikes were usa huffy's. I kinda have a thing for them. growing up, a kid down the street had a murray. not only could my huffy out run it, but it also lasted longer.
  2. K

it's a made in usa huffy
  3. K

I don't know anything about Banana seats...

I bought a pair of reproduction seats off ebay a few years ago. good quality and long enough for good weight transfer on my huffy. as far as handlebars go, it's best to find a bike shop that has some to get an idea as to what you're looking for. I had a 3 foot long set of apes on a west coast...
  4. K

a long time ago I started on building a "power wagon." Schwinn cantilever frame using mtb parts to build what a late 40's mountain bike might have looked like. inspired by the dodge power wagon of the 1940's. it never really got going, with family and work and other things getting in the way...
  5. K

back in the saddle

went for a short test ride on a bike I'm building for a fundraiser. realized i'm getting old and fat.
  6. K

back in the saddle

I'm trying to get back into the bicycle hobby. been a member here for a long time, been off this site for a good while. stuff like marriage, having children, driving a concrete truck and home ownership kinda get in the way. still have my migrane bike, the blue machine ('68 huffy 20" short wheel...
  7. K

BBBBO: Big Box Bike Build Off?

long long time ago, I worked at Walmart as a bike assembler. some times a huffy rock-it 20" would come through with standard size crank bearings instead of the smaller ones that normally came through. those ones would get the "headbadge" inverted and the made in Taiwan part of it cut off. I...
  8. K

1987 Huffy Vortex (Survivor)

didn't marty mcfly ride one of these?
  9. K

Show us them cars!

have you ever seen one with a 351w in it? in stock form it'll push that little car into the 14's on the quarter mile. take a look at http://www.fordpinto.com krazi
  10. K

power wagon

I just haven't had time to get started. I have the rear wheel and the frame and that's about it so far. not sure what I'm us for a fork. I have an old torsion type front end I might use. for paint I'm gonna use dark green on the frame and paint the fenders black. just like a '46 dodge. krazi
  11. K

power wagon

I think I'm gonna build an off road cruiser (old frame with mountain bike characteristics). I have an old schwinn frame in the shed to start with. will post pics with progress. krazi!
  12. K

frame building

I'm gonna build a long wheelbase and make it as low as possible krazi
  13. K

frame building

I want to build my own home made recumbent frame. I'd like to use a few schwinn 10 speeds for the tubing. I'm thinking of using a ladies frame for the rear section and a few varsities for the rest of the frame. any tips or pointers? krazi
  14. K

whats it worth?

I'm wondering what this old schwinn is worth. near mint condition with a small scratch or two and a small crack in the back tire. it has original schwinn tires. it's a collegiate sport 5. krazi
  15. K

Show us them cars!

Re: Belvedere what part of "new brasque" do you live in? I'm in hastings krazi
  16. K

Show us them cars!

17. K

Show us them cars!

here's my old mercury bobcat. It's my first car and a work in progress. plans include a new paint job and new interior. it also needs transmission work. krazi
  18. K

does this count?

it's about 98% schwinn. the frame was originally a single speed, the drive train is a positron unit from an old wrecked schwinn, the front fork and wheel came from a 24" schwinn 10 speed, and the handlebars came from an old fair lady. the seat came from the junk pile that all the rest of the...
  19. K

krazi's blue machine

huffy bike with bendix 76 wheels. motocross style stem (4 bolt type) schwinn handlebars, and it now sports red line tires. krazi
  20. K

a different version of a tall or lifted or upside down bike

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x20/ ... G_0856.jpg I like to call it my bike with a lift kit. I used an old 20" girls frame and modified it a little for ground clearance. krazi
Back