Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

Sachs Drum Brake Cable

Question for you... I have an indicator chain already, but no anchor. Well, I ordered a NOS f&s anchor and cable... And now the anchor doesn't fit the indicator chain! The anchor is too small to mate up with the indicator chain. What gives? Do I have some kinda weird chain that works between a...
  2. T

Sachs Drum Brake Cable

Here's some shots of the bike in mock up so far.... Was gonna enter it into a build off.. but my brother in-law did the paint.. and i started on it too soon! You can see the parts on the action arms that i need the cable ends to work with.. also trying to track down an anchorage for the sachs...
  3. T

Sachs Drum Brake Cable

Okay, I think I've got a few option for brake barrel things..... But that great universal adaptor is nolonger available from bike Friday according to their website catalog. Any other options or sources for Sachs cable? Thanks so much for your help guys!
  4. T

Sachs Drum Brake Cable

I've got the indicator chain and pass through cap thing. Will that indicator only work with a sachs cable?
  5. T

Sachs Drum Brake Cable

That 8mm barrel MIGHT work.. need to figure out the length. Drum Brakes were quite common at one time, how come no one knows anything about em any more?!!! Anyone know what cable would have the adjuster built in like that? And while were on the subject, The Torpedo 3 Speed hub needs a cable...
  6. T

Sachs Drum Brake Cable

Hey Y'all! In the middle of a bash up build combining 700c wheels with an old cantilever frame. I'm having problems with the brakes. I've got Sachs hubs front and rear. A vt 5000 in the front and a Torpedo 3 in the rear..... both are drum brakes. I need to know where to get the dohickey that...
  7. T

More Rat Bikes than you could shack a stick at!

GOOD LORD!!! I just hope those don't end up on a wall at some theme resturant. -tj
  8. T

My 1936 CWC Build - A Work in Progress

nice bike!!! Very nice lines.. keep em rollin'!
  9. T

Crazy story.. awesome bike.. still evolving

the photos i've seen show it having for struts, yep! The guy wasn't really a crackhead.. maybe a boozer.. but he was basically just an older guy on a saturday morning with a bike. I spied him and took a shot, asking if he'd rather have some cash in his hand instead of an old bike. Guess we both...
  10. T

Yeah.. THIS site allows much more photo-linking etc.. Unless someone is interested in the bike and wants to buy, I'll just keep on getting the frame and fork to the best I can.. and will probably outfit with modern white wheels and a 3 speed rear. Found repro tanks.. might put one in, but the...
  11. T

Awesome! I thought it was around there. Did all of these come with tanks? I dont see any scrapes or whatever to show that there might have been a tank. -TJ
  12. T

Del sol(s) and the rest..

Well, you've allready seen my Western Flyer tandem (about to re-do) and you've seen the '49 Blue Bomber.. Here's MY del sol and most of the rest of the collection... my Trek 7300 is elsewhere in this pic.. Note my wife's Raleigh cross and her White Del Sol. Both Del Sols are lightly modified...
  13. T

paint is cleaning up pretty nicely.. using medium grade steel wool and soap+water. (later i'll use fine then polish) The paint is a handsomely faded brick red.. very close to that of Electra's Deluxe Relic. The rims are proving to be a pain.. the black flakes away easily where the white...
  14. T

Help, what to do with '87 Fuji Sagres SP road bike

Fixie! or Single speed with a moustache handlebar or internal geared hub.. with an old hairpin saddle.. make it very very retro.. paint it black laquer.
  15. T

WF Tandem

pics. Need to retro-tize it a little.. my uncle tried to update it.. blah. Not sure what i'm gonna do with paint yet.. and the biggie is that i think im make it a 7 speed internal rear hub.. good looks AND versital!
  16. T

I guess i was inspired by the story of the guy elsewhere on here, who bought a frame off of a crackhead.... Right, so today, my Wife and I are taking the dog to the groomers. We took a backroad through town and i spy a guy puttering along on a cruiser framed bicycle... but i notice something...
  17. T

WF Tandem

Hey y'all.. havent posted in.. like forever! Posting up here because i'm about to start on a Western Flyer Tandem! My father had purchased it (in origional paint and condition) back in the early 80's from a yardsale for $20 or so.. I used to ride around on the back and just slap at the pedals...
  18. T

Need help selecting..

Thanks fellas.. i'm thinking more along the lines of the performance hybrids and cross bikes for now.. I'll letcha know when i know. I'm shooting for just after taxes. Think i'll hit the LBS tommorrow.
  19. T

Need help selecting..

Well, i need something light.. and I'd like a road geometry with touring wheel widths. Basically, most of the older bikes i've found are over-valued or junk. This is more of a utility piece for me and I'd be willing to lay out some cash so i know its gonna work for my purpose and not break or a...
  20. T

First Project REVISED

BIKE IS COMPLETE!!! Gotta picture, having problems uploading it from work.. i'll have to do it later. looks pretty sweet.
Back