Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Junkhunter

New Haven, CT St Patricks Day Parade with The Wheelmen

I would like to extend a cordial invitation to Rat Rod Bike members to ride with The Wheelmen in our New Haven, CT Saint Patricks Day Parade. The Wheelmen as a club usually concentrates on bikes built before 1933. However, I would like to invite members from this site to join us. Face it, we all...
  2. Junkhunter

Rat Rod high wheel????

Well I know these guys around here to know whatever it is with these guys around here it has to have a tank on it. Have you ever looked at a "King" high wheel? or a "star". I brought this thing home the other day. It's a kind of lever drive built on a road bike. Takes away the necessity for a...
  3. Junkhunter

Rat Rod high wheel????

Truthfully, there's not a lot that could be done. Except for the front wheel and hub part.One problem is these parts are expensive. Especially the older original stuff. I can get spokes. i can probably roll the rims. RBR makes a bike that wouldn't be terribly expensive. I see broken ones...
  4. Junkhunter

Rat Rod high wheel????

Leave me alone.....I'm thinking........
  5. Junkhunter

1969 Raleigh Sprite 5 speed internal hub. 26 inch men's bike. Has a Brooks Saddle

I've heard it called a 3+2. I had one. Rode nice. GLWS.
  6. Junkhunter

1920s Columbia Project

Are the bearing races ok?
  7. Junkhunter

What can you tell me about this crank arm and pedal? - help

I know someone that will buy it if you're interested in selling.
  8. Junkhunter

What can you tell me about this crank arm and pedal? - help

Hard tire safety. I don't think Columbia. For value check Copake Auction website. Search past sales. I believe one like that was auctioned this year.
  9. Junkhunter

SOLD 1920's Iver Johnson Arch Bar Tall Truss Frame

Probably a Model 88 Service bike.
  10. Junkhunter

Wethersfield 3rd Annual Bike Show and Swap Meet

Stevil out for a spin on an 1890 Columbia Light Roadster hard tire safety. it sure was nice to see friends there again this year. This is a nice event.
  11. Junkhunter

Large Persons red reflector

I did.
  12. Junkhunter

Blue and white banana seat

Good condition. comes with sissy bar. Very small tear where the grommet is set for the sissy bar. $35 + shipping. I set it that way because I haven't shipped one of these yet and don't really know what to expect for cost. If someone knows, I would appreciate the info. Nice little original banana...
  13. Junkhunter

Large Persons red reflector

Large Persons red reflector. Found at a swap meet this morning. I think it's probably for a prewar motorcycle, but i think it would look good on a bike. Excellent shape. $50 shipped conus.
  14. Junkhunter

Really Old

I just love riding these old things. The original ones that are complete and rare. 1883 Columbia Expert. The original pedals are coming with it, but the guy is doing a little more work to them. The brake arm and spoon are usually missing. I feel blessed. This may be the original tire. The tires...
  15. Junkhunter

1930's Elgin 28" motobike

Check your PM's
  16. Junkhunter

Worth anything?

All of this is pretty interesting. I run across bikes similar to this fairly often. Give me a couple of days to consider my options. I have another nice blue huffy downstairs that he may like better. As for me, i like my old 3 speed yellow Schwinn Fastback. Got it a couple of years back from the...
  17. Junkhunter

Worth anything?

That's about what I figured. I guess I 'll just clean her up and pass her on to a young man I know that is just getting into bikes.
  18. Junkhunter

Junkhunter's Dixie Flyer

My latest rustoration. When I saw the colors on this head badge this is what came to mind. I think it's a nice rider. Will definitely be a hit on the 4th of July. Rides smooth on those Carlisle tires. I like it anyway.
  19. Junkhunter

Worth anything?

I picked up this little Firestone Bronco yesterday and was wondering if it was worth anything much? I paid $15 for it. It has a nice dragster style Carslile dragster tire on the back, and a Firestone Super Cushion tire on the front. Proceeds went to a charity so that's why I got it. I usually do...
Back