Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Clayborn Racing BMX- CRX Medium frame & factory Clayborn fork

Clayborn CRX Medium, 20.25 top tube. - Clayborn chrome forks - DK stem - Rear Dia-Compe AD-990 brakes - MX- 99 Dia-Compe brake lever Paint is scratched/wear and stickers have wear. Superficial rust in typical spots on forks. Chrome has minor light scratches. Frameset has been sitting a...
  2. S

Need suggestions for forks for this radical 26" BMX frame!

Been a member here a loooonnggg time ago, and had a ton of feedback. When the sight format changed, I lost all the feedback. Need ideas on a radical, easy to get and not rare or crazy expensive, fork for this frame. The frame is custom built back in the 80's/early 90's- no idea who made it...
  3. S

Hutch red Trick Star BMX

Hutch Trick Star- ALL ORIGINAL Been sitting a very long time and has a lot of anodizing loss. The bad first: - Tires- The GT tires are shot as shot can be. Not sure if the tubes hold air. - Brakes- Cables are not hooked up on one brake lever - Obvious anodizing loss - Some stickers are...
  4. S

Recommend a Klunker style frame...

I am trying to build a bike around a set of wheels. I just picked up a killer set of 26" Disc Chris King multi speed wheels with downhill/dirt jump (wider than normal MTB) rims. I like the Klunker style ratrod look and want to build up a bike around them. Here are some questions: 1- What...
  5. S

Need place to buy a State personalized plate and a Stingray plate holder.

First and foremost, I need a place to buy personalized plates for a particular state and colors for the year. The one place I found online, doesn't answer phones, nor return calls. Does anyone have any good contacts? Also, I need a place to buy license plate holders for a Krate/Stingray type...
  6. S

Who knows about MOPEDS?

Is Beneilli G2 the bottom level in the Benelli line? I believe Benelli mopeds were sold by Montgomery Wards back in the late 70's?
  7. S

Home Tire Storage Racks

How do you guys store tires? I am looking to build a rack for my shop area, and need some ideas. I am looking at hanging @ 40+ tires. I hate stacking them on the floor.
  8. S

1958-1960 Bikes for the Movies

I posted this in the wanted section, but no bites, so I will post here. I have a contact from a Movie prop company in CA that I sold a restored BMX to a couple of years ago -it was for the movie Super 8. I recently spoke with him and is now looking for bikes from the 1958-1960 period. These...
  9. S

26" Lugged Cantilever with threaded Euro BB?

OK, I am a newbie to stuff like this. Any idea? 26" or 24"? Make?
  10. S

Columbia year ID?

Dang sickness I tell you. I am a BMX guy, but found this and couldn't resist. I know it is a Columbia, and the owner said it is circa 1957/58. Where can I find the serial number on it to ID it with a chart of Columbia serial numbers I have?
  11. S

Make a tank out of wood post?

Can someone direct me to the post that shows how to make a tank out of wood? Thanks
  12. S

Schwinn King Sting- Ya'Mon...No Problem!

KING "STON" STING These are some teaser photos. I have yet to put on my NOS yellow Schwinn cables. But, I figure, if there is a King Sting, why not a Kingston Sting?! :lol: Needs some finishing touches before the inaugural ride!
  13. S

Do they make an actual 22mm seatpost?

I am having a hard time finding a 22mm seatpost. Here is my dilemma: I found an old school 26" BMX frame, that was obviously custom made in the late 70's/early 80's. The seatpost tube measures exactly 22mm. Here are the seatpost diameters that do not fit- 22.2mm, 7/8", and 13/16". What I...
  14. S

Who knows about 26" UKAI rims?

These are 26" UKAIs. They seem to be late 79/early 80 rims, based on the bike they came off of. Any idea if UKAI actually used this font/lettering in their early days?
  15. S

What 26" has a 3 bar design with horizontal dropouts?

I will be looking into another project soon, and am wondering what 26" bikes from the 20's-50's, have a 3 bar design, and have horizontal dropouts (I have seen one with built in chain tensioners)? I am new to the old school ratrod scene, but have mainly dabbled in BMX, Musclebikes, and now...
  16. S

Rollfast and Firestone ID and $ Q

My local bike shop got two bikes as trade ins, and asked me (since he knows I am into old school bikes- but mainly BMX), if I could help him with prices. I really do not know anything about old 26" cruiser stuff like this. Any ballpark ideas on what he should resell them for? He may put these...
  17. S

26" ? BMX Cruiser ID

I know some people here are BMX guys, and a lot, if not all, are 26" people. I am looking for more information on a very strange find... So far the guess is Black Light- same owner as Rebel BMX and Blazer BMX (out of TX), made this frame before the Rebel and Blazer. I cannot confirm, but...
  18. S

26" Gumwalls- where to buy?

Dumb newbie ratrodder question- where can I buy 26 x 2.125" gumwall tires for my Schwinn King Sting? Thanks
  19. S

26" Gumwalls- where to buy?

Dumb newbie ratrodder question- where can I buy 26 x 2.125" gumwall tires for my Schwinn King Sting? Thanks
  20. S

Cycletruck Question

I do not have a Cycletruck of any sort yet, as I have not found one complete and cheap enough for me to restore. But my interest in one is because as a kid, after my paper route job, I worked part time after school for three years, in a deli/grocery store in NYC. Because of the locale, we...
Back