Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

found this stuff, hopefully it will make a good coating for the brake handle grip
  2. Path_Racer

(WBO) Super - Sonic......1957 Chevy parts....finished, finished,, FINISHED!!!

sharp looking bike! i really like what you did with the rear light too
  3. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

I have my mind set on a bag and a few tools to carry with me on this bike. If you were racing in the early Tour De France a being self-sufficient was a must! Competitors were actually forbidden to have help or assistance from others at any time during the entire race. The rules used to state...
  4. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

I was trying to mimic the bicycle ridden by Gustave Garrigou, the second place winner of the 1909 tour de france. You can barely see the piston brake in the small photo of him but it is there. On a side note these bikes had to be extremely tough, no paved roads, and the dangers of being blown...
  5. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

I wasn't really happy with the sharp angles the more I looked at it, so I took it off and reshaped the whole brake handle, then spent the night polishing it back to chrome. the next challenge will be installing the spring.
  6. Path_Racer

i really like the way the seat is mounted, looking great!
  7. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

got it on the bike finally!! it’s starting to come together, and it works surprisingly well
  8. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

finished bending the brake handle, now I just finish cutting spacers out of an old tv part that was found in a parts bin.
  9. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

getting some help bending the chrome brake handle to the right angles, its tedious work. heating the metal to an orange glow allows the chrome finish to bend with the steel core, once it is the right shape, i will use a polishing compound to buff it to the original bright chrome finish.
  10. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

thank you for the compliments. the flying pigeon is a great bicycle to ride around town. i see a prof at the local university ride one whenever the roads are clear. good sturdy built bicycle, looks like it will last a lifetime. apparently in china they were regarded as one of the three...
  11. Path_Racer

WBO-Fully Sprung Elgin- **Tested/Finished**

this is looking good!
  12. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

now i just need a sleeve to cover the unneeded threads
  13. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

much better! the top bolt is what came with it, the bottom bolt is the modified piece of épée blade
  14. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

i stuck the busted blade in the vice and added a few more threads
  15. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

I got the handlebars and bell on today. As you can see I am starting to attach and modify the front piston brake (the cloth is just to keep the bracket from scratching the handlebars). I need a longer screw that supports the piston brake on the fork. Because it is metric I spent the better...
  16. Path_Racer

nice contrast on the paint job, looking good
  17. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

hmmm, i better not risk it, i might end up with a face full of pavement, but thank you for looking out for me! :)
  18. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

great looking handlebars, i really like that patina as well. thanks :D
  19. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

also got the frame pump on, i put it in the same spot as the 1912 Tour de France winner kept his. also note the newly re-spoked wheels and tires are finely on the bike!
  20. Path_Racer

(WBO) Pathracer

i got the saddle and seat post on! your right about the slack frame, so back in the day they made a seat post to counter this. its called a "Gallows" seat post. it was used on old racing bikes to increase the angle of the rider to the pedals making for a more suitable racing stance.
Back