Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Hoek

Any ideas?

Here's a newer picture with most of the house paint removed. I'm still saying is a 1939....but possibly just because I want it to be.
  2. Hoek

Score

Thanks my dad who grew up on a farm says they're definitely after market tractor lights. They would just drill holes in the fenders and bolt them on. I may need to be a little more creative in my mounting.
  3. Hoek

36 Schwinn?

Thanks guys. Any idea on the value? I'm looking to sell this or my Western Flyer to put some cash together to finish about a half dozen projects that have been languishing because of lack of funds. The Flyer is a 1 year only 1941 Tall Tank (I think?). Any idea on market and value would help me...
  4. Hoek

36 Schwinn?

Need some help identifying this beast. Every time I think I have the frame narrowed down the fork or chainring don't seem right. It has a New Departure hub rolling 26" rims not sure if it originally had 28" or not. Any idea on value? My mom grabbed it for me at a garage sale for a song and I'd...
  5. Hoek

Score

Found some nice cheap stuff this weekend. 1st a shout out to my mom who found the below bike at a garage sale and got it for waaaaaay cheap. I'm still working on an ID. 2nd a nice ratty Huffy Camaro. I don't need it but I couldn't bare the thought of it ending up as yard art. Though it...
  6. Hoek

52 dx?

I guess the old-timer new what he was talking about after all. I'm taking some pictures for him, of it put together and back on the road. I know he'll be glad to see it rolling. Thanks for the help. I clearly have been putting too much faith in the lookup tool. Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
  7. Hoek

52 dx?

Bottom bracket. Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
  8. Hoek

52 dx?

Picked up my new favorite bike last night. I have bought hundreds of bikes in my life this one i was most excited for. I saw it on CL on sunday 5 hours after it was posted. I was kicking myself because i normally watch hourly on weekends. At a $200 asking price I knew it would be long gone but i...
  9. Hoek

Any ideas?

Last question that I'm sure belongs elsewhere. Should I pull out the oven cleaner to pull the top coat of orangish paint off to reveal what's left of the original red and white? Or leave it as is? (probably wipe of the 50 year old bird crap either way) Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
  10. Hoek

Clean living

I've got a 10 year boy, so they will get used. But still not ideal. Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
  11. Hoek

Clean living

The Schwinns are 24" and fairly nice. I normally don't buy 24" when I saw them on CL I assumed they were 26" I jumped in the car and drove an hour to find these and couldn't bring myself to walk away. Like i said they are decent and worth the money, but space is a luxury i don't have. I'll...
  12. Hoek

Clean living

Ok, almost done gloating, just sold the Raleigh for what I paid for the Western. Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
  13. Hoek

Clean living

I've been on a hot streak lately. I've picked up these bad boys in the last couple weeks. Overpaid for the Western but nearly stole the rest. Don't judge on the Raleigh R5000 I know it doesn't fit in... but it's mint and was $3. I can't stop finding great stuff. Is the bike below a 39 CWC...
  14. Hoek

Any ideas?

I'm having trouble finding anything as late as 47 with the straight downtube. The limited research I've done on serial numbers suggests that a letter followed by 5 numbers is likely a 35-40 I have found a matching style frame at 39. Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
  15. Hoek

Any ideas?

Serial number is: G47843 with a circled w at the end. Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
  16. Hoek

Any ideas?

I picked this guy up for $25 this evening. I can find similar Meads and Roadmasters but none seem to have the correct dropouts. Even tried to convince myself it was a early DX with the straighht downtube but the headtube welds don't seem right. Any help would be appreciated. Sent from my...
  17. Hoek

Rans Stratus Recumbent

Picked this dusty but nice recumbent up recently. No wheels, crank, rear derailleur or seat. I'm thinking I'll build one of the recycled recumbent seats. I've never owned or even sat on a recumbent before, looks interesting. I'm considering putting it together on a budget. If I don't like it...
  18. Hoek

Huffy Rail Judge

If the price is right is anyone interested in the the seat? Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  19. Hoek

Huffy Rail Judge

I've been looking for a chrome stack chain guard for some time, way out of my price range. I found this huffy princess recently and I think I can get the guard off it fairly cheap. It's not exactly what I was looking for but will it fit? Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  20. Hoek

Schwinn Challenge

Thanks! One last question. Was the New Departure D a stock front hub? It's far more hearty than the usually skimpy front hub. Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Back