Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Dig Danger

Chopped and dropped Schwinn cruiser Dish Licker.

I bent the forks a little too much. Had to file away the fork crown, but now it's got this impossible to believe look about it.
  2. Dig Danger

Slammed Schwinn Cruiser

New photos on the Gallery page.
  3. Dig Danger

Slammed Schwinn Cruiser

Kicking the forks out this far makes it steer slow, but it carves wonderfully when rolling down a hill. The bottom bracket is is about 4” lower than normal, and that will limit your crank length. I started with a 3.5” crank, but it doesn’t need to be this short. New one on order.
  4. Dig Danger

Slammed Schwinn Cruiser

Lots of good stuff on YouTube. This is Spray Max 2K Clear that contains a catylist that needs to be punctured and mixed before you spray. It’s a very good product.
  5. Dig Danger

Slammed Schwinn Cruiser

6. Dig Danger

Slammed Schwinn Cruiser

Smoothed out welds and a decent rattle can paint job.
  7. Dig Danger

Slammed Schwinn Cruiser

Yes, I bought a 3.5” crank, but it’s comically short. I’ll get a 4.5 and a 5.5 and try them out.
  8. Dig Danger

Slammed Schwinn Cruiser

Long story. I looked at Tom’s build and concluded that this sort of fabrication was beyond me. I considered getting a local machine shop to water jet a pair of extensions, but the cost was prohibitive. I also decided that Tom’s work was too ‘busy’ for my eye, and that in reality all I needed was...
  9. Dig Danger

Slammed Schwinn Cruiser

Hey guys Inspired by Tom Wilson’s ‘Trash to Treasure’ Huffy cruiser, I just finished a similar one, Dish Licker, from a Schwinn cruiser frame. I’ll get some good photos taken and added here soon.
  10. Dig Danger

show your Spaceliners!!

The chrome vents were from a '53 Chrysler Imperial. There's another photo in the 'show us your home made tank' thread.
  11. Dig Danger

show your Spaceliners!!

Finished. Built a tank and flipped the bars. Happy.
  12. Dig Danger

lets see those homemade tanks

Perfect piece of chrome. Lucky find on ebay. Really completes the look of the bike.
  13. Dig Danger

lets see those homemade tanks

Here's the tank I just finished for my Spaceliner. Glass over hdpu foam, with '53 Chrysler Imperial quarter panel chrome vents.
  14. Dig Danger

show your Spaceliners!!

Here's mine. Still working on the tank, and still looking for a chain guard.
  15. Dig Danger

Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Tail lamp is an unknown NOS truck running lamp with an amber glass lens. Also converted to LED.
  16. Dig Danger

Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

This is an old Speaker Corp forklift headlamp, converted to LED and then hung from the bars with a cut-down quill stem.
  17. Dig Danger

Spaceliner Vaporizer

Frame is a mid-60s Spaceliner. Repop hoops with DMR Supermotos. Repop moon bars, Monark springers and saddle. NOS Speaker brand forklift headlamp, LED conversion. Unknown NOS tail lamp with glass lens, LED conversion. Unknown NOS 80's BMX slingshot stem. NOS Ukai grips.
  18. Dig Danger

Spaceliner Vaporizer

Hi guys. New to Rat Rod Bikes and this is my first build. Bought as a frame only, it has been a lot of fun researching and finding parts that I liked. Not quite done, still working on a tank, but I'll add another photo when it's finished.
Back