Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Danny Lopez

BACK40 returns!

very nice! one of my favorite builds on the site. glad its getting attention again
  2. Danny Lopez

Beast Price Watch

bought a beast yesterday for $89.99usd
  3. Danny Lopez

(ORBO) Jane finished

Didnt have a chance at pictures with the shifter bottom cover on but it is finished.
  4. Danny Lopez

(ORBO) "Jane" (Formerly Raceliner)-New Paint and Assembly

Coming in hot!! I finished another full custom build this week and with time running out and parts unavailable and others that wont ship in time for deadline I had to improvise a little. Needed a layback seat post but didnt have one on hand so i modded the frame and was able to use the all...
  5. Danny Lopez

Origin8 saddle finally came in. Way nicer than i anticipated. I went with black. 10/10 would buy again.
  6. Danny Lopez

Got mostly everything assembled. Cranks should be in tomorrow. Shifter cable is ran through the frame. Not feeling the cable to the headlight being zip tied to the top tube so might move the battery back to the front. Seat estimated to be here Monday. Cant wait to be riding...
  7. Danny Lopez

And wire wheel'd the seat clamp off for contrast.
  8. Danny Lopez

Quick hand sand followed by etching primer and then Flat Black. Cant wait to start some assembly tomorrow...
  9. Danny Lopez

Also got this pic of the frame up on the table with the kickstand on. Got the battery pack for the headlight on where it's out of the way. Got an upper stay bridge in. And I think the final color i decided on for this thing is going to be plain ol' Flat Black since it's going to get beat on...
  10. Danny Lopez

Not a whole lot tonight. A lot of work to cap the fork legs off though! Tig'd, ground smooth, hand filed until they looked good and even, and a few coats of primer. Just pics of after. Cant stop to photo in between these steps or ill get distracted.
  11. Danny Lopez

Same fork i built in the beginning of the thread. Id like to build a springer for it but might not have time. Other than that, gonna order a new saddle for it and only a few knick-knack things and hopefully be rolling by the weekend!
  12. Danny Lopez

ANNNNNNND we're back! frame stripped and up on the table and diving right in... Then chopped out the bridge and straight to widening the rear And BOOM, wheel is in and plenty of clearance Got a rail seat post and a clamp theat will be stripped And this profile racing 42t sprocket i picked...
  13. Danny Lopez

ill take the spaceliner to your shop next time i go over see what we can do about the bend and ill re purpose it for a later build
  14. Danny Lopez

i have a cantilever frame id like to build up. also just got a worksman INB but might save that one for another build...
  15. Danny Lopez

Thinking of dropping this one out of the orbo and going another route with a different build. Unless i can get away with changing frames... this frame has a bend in the chain side of the lower stays and i thought i could see past it, but the more i look at it the more it turns me away from this...
  16. Danny Lopez

Dub's board tracker

Nice build dub!
  17. Danny Lopez

Came home to a beat up brown box with some tires in it. Threw the rear one on so i could mark and measure for stay bridges. Not too bad for the second choice tires. First choice was 26x2.4 CST BMF's but none in stock. Also got my BB adapter but the cranks i got from Chuck are siezed into the...
  18. Danny Lopez

Turns out tires are never gonna come in after a call to the web store. good thing i checked up on it. Ordered another set they had in stock so should be back on track in a few days. Ill start back on the frame tomorrow now that i have thing sorted for some much needed progress and pics....
Back