Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Cruiser5

26” Cantilever Style Frame Comparision Thread

My 3G frame. I think it is a Venice model but the Newport appears identical.
  2. Cruiser5

Show your Black and White photos

Black and White IN COLOR!!
  3. Cruiser5

$60.00 SUN Cruiser

Craigslist find of the day. Front tire and rim were stolen and not included in sale. It is literally like new!!!
  4. Cruiser5

Fattest tires for 26" rim?

The 26X3 Duros worked well on my 3G frames. They are slightly wider than the original 3G Boa tires that were stock and priced well. I think you'll have plenty of room with that Electra frame.
  5. Cruiser5

Bottom Bracket BeeHive!!!

I wondered how they got in there too. I think they came in through the rear fender mount hole and worked their way to the bottom bracket.
  6. Cruiser5

Bottom Bracket BeeHive!!!

I picked up this gem for free at a curbside purge. Chain was rusted frozen and bottom bracket needed an overhaul. Found a mass grave of bees in bottom bracket and thought that to be strange. Never know what you are going to get until you tear it down. Weird!
  7. Cruiser5

SHOW US YOUR 3G Bikes

Twins, well sort of with custom builds. BMX crankset and bottom bracket with sealed bearings and sealed headset. Super smooth!
  8. Cruiser5

SHOW US YOUR 3G Bikes

[/URL][/IMG] I wanted to go with a larger tire on "White Lightning" and tried these Duro Beach Bum's. Looks and rides great and less than half the cost of the 3G Boa G's.
  9. Cruiser5

SHOW US YOUR 3G Bikes

I must share a Craigslist find. $50.00!!! Easily the most comfortable cruising bike I have yet ridden. The overall ergonomics of this thing scream comfort! The Boa G's ride super smooth. The bottom bracket pushed in a forward position is pure genius in ride comfort! I have many bikes that...
  10. Cruiser5

Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Started out with a 3G Isla Vista beater. 3 piece bmx cranks with sealed bearing bottom bracket and 44T chainwheel, sealed bearing Weinmann wheelset with 16T freewheel, Landing Gear fork, Black Ops stem. Comfy, smooth ride!
  11. Cruiser5

1950 Schwinn DX frame ( only ) with headbadge $65 shipped

So, is the frame officially sold? Thanks!
  12. Cruiser5

What to call it? Klunker, Cruiser, BMX....CruiseXXX?

CMX, I like that! I'm gonna work with that for now. Thanks Luke! Please keep 'em coming.
  13. Cruiser5

Maybe "TC" will work. I like it. Hmmm.....thinkin. XXXCruise, BMX Cruise, CruiserX, you name it. Still open.
  14. Cruiser5

Thanks Luke! I would agree with the name only IF I was to add a BMX cross bar type handlebar. But I intend to use a traditional cruiser type comfort handlebar AND Cruiser type comfort saddle. Almost ALL BMX Cruiser's that I have noticed (googled, etc.) usually have BMX type handlebars and a...
  15. Cruiser5

I have been playing around with a 3G frame and some extra parts I have. The photo is a basic mock up of frame, forks, stem and the front tire will be front and back which is a Fat Frank. Got a BMX 3 piece crank to add as I build her up. Going with Cruiser bars and a comfortable 3G Cruiser...
  16. Cruiser5

Urban Klunker- Bruiser?

Wow! Nice bike build. Nice PMD too! That's awesome!
  17. Cruiser5

SHOW US YOUR 3G Bikes

Okay, finally got her done! I must say, this is the most comfortable bike I have ridden. I am SOLD on sealed bearing bottom brackets. WOW! This thing rides smooth and solid. With the tires shown this thing just rolls on pavement almost effortless. I was digging through my spare parts and...
  18. Cruiser5

Electra Cruiser rebuild 2015

The stripper worked great for the forks. Melted the paint right off.
  19. Cruiser5

SHOW US YOUR 3G Bikes

Okay, previous pics were the craigslist ad pics and how the bike looked as purchased on Thanksgiving day 2014. Pics below are how the bike looks today with most of the parts I had listed in the previous post. The handlebars, stem and seat are just for mock up. The rest is finished. The tires...
  20. Cruiser5

SHOW US YOUR 3G Bikes

I picked up this 3G on Craigs for dirt cheap. As it sits here the only good parts to work with is the frame, forks, stem, seat post and clamp, and amazingly the seat is in decent shape. Plans to make it my own are a new wheel and tire set, sealed bearing headset, 3G Royal handlebars, sealed...
Back