Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Dawn the Beachcruiser

thanks guys - i really wish the pictures did the powdercoated part justice - it has a killer wrinkle texture on it
  2. S

Dawn the Beachcruiser

OK - so here's the rest of the build - got sidetracked with a kustom kulture inspired shirt line i started, so finally had time to button her up got the parts powdercoated with a matte white wrinkle powder - looks wicked: close up: now the fun part - tooled leather banana seat and grips (i...
  3. S

Dawn the Beachcruiser

turns out I could use it after all - i didn't have the small hole to hold the crank in place, but i did allow for it (see the lower left surfboard and tiki heads) so i just got the drill out and took care of it! here's a mock up of how it fits with the crank - going to be powdercoated a wrinkle...
  4. S

Dawn the Beachcruiser

well here's how it turned out - looks great - i think it's going to work, unfortunately i used a version of the file that didn't have the 2nd smaller hole for the crankset, so i'll have to re-cut it when i get back from a little fly fishing in colorado
  5. S

Dawn the Beachcruiser

on the chain ring, i've imported my file in, haven't cut it yet, as i saw some spots that wouldn't work once i simulated the tool path - i'm going to import it in again and check it out and try to get it on the machine this week (hopefully) as always, the paying jobs take precedence over the...
  6. S

Dawn the Beachcruiser

progress update: progress has been slow - been tweaking the chain ring i'm designing and waiting on some parts (sissy bar, fenders) waiting on powdercoat to arrive, as it's not one my guy stocks as well on the plus side, the guys at Jones & Son Headbadges took a file i designed and made a...
  7. S

Chain Ring pattern for autocad

sweet! i was a photoshop artist for a few years in a corporate environment, but couldn't stand not making stuff, so i got into signs about 12 years ago and now i've switched gears again - still working on the digital stuff for the bread and butter, but getting into some more custom hand done old...
  8. S

Dawn the Beachcruiser

alright - here goes - i did a preservation restoration on my first one (an old AMF Texas Ranger - i call him Chuck Norris) thread here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/chuck-norris-texas-ranger-build.84831/ now you guys have inspired me to do a little more outside the box -...
  9. S

thanks for all your help and info guys - I'll post pics on it next week to show how it turned out after cutting - I'm super stoked
  10. S

Rusty Okie

hey - sorry, been posting before I did the intro I'm just getting into the cruisers - imma hot rod guy and vintage motorcycle guy who's also a graphic designer / artist - thought it would be fun to get into the cruiser lifestyle here in OK - wanted to do some bike builds between major...
  11. S

Haulers, what do you haul your bike in?

does this count as double because they used to build bikes? my 1965 BSA lightning rocket
  12. S

"New saddle bag"

siiiick!i
  13. S

yah - shoot me what you're thinking - I don't use autocad that much - mostly Adobe illustrator and flexi-sign - I own a graphic design / sign business
  14. S

thanks again Roger! - here's what i came up with for the next project - going to get it on the waterjet early next week and see how it works
  15. S

does anyone have a .dwg or .dxf file of a chain ring - i want to waterjet cut one with a custom pattern on the inside, but would like to save a little time - it's a 48 tooth
  16. S

Chuck Norris - Texas Ranger build

i'd love to find a chainring like that - now that i know what to look for, that may be next to finish it off! thanks for the input
  17. S

VINTAGE BICYCLE ADS

vintage bsa sign at motorcycle museum on Route 66 in Oklahoma
  18. S

thanks all for the good words - honestly I'm not sure what type of seat it is - scavenged it off a girls bike that was thrown in the trash - got the white pedals off it too, just haven't had time to redo them and put them on yet
  19. S

here's my first rat rod bike - loved doing it, so I've got a couple more in the shop - it begged to have the patina saved how I found it in the wild
Back