Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. fuzzwardo

Trek District 8

Sharp looking bike. I have also been thinking about this model only I haven't been able to see one in person. How is it holding up for you?
  2. fuzzwardo

2 directions, can't decide.

I have 2 thoughts in the back of my head to work out this winter to keep me busy. The base is a 1941 Schwinn Dx. When I bought it, it didn't have the original fork and a dull paint job. My first idea is to get a springer fork and run some 24x3 tires . This would probably be just a...
  3. fuzzwardo

Bones Bomber

Absolutely amazing. I love it. Great job.
  4. fuzzwardo

Any trek Sawyer owners

Here's a pic, I have since added a rear rack and changed the stem.
  5. fuzzwardo

Any trek Sawyer owners

I just bought a 2012 a few weeks ago. I love it. The pics on the web just don't do the bronze color justice. I have since added a brown seat and grips that really look great on the bike. I am really into the old Schwinn style so its a great combo of new and old.
  6. fuzzwardo

What did I find?

Don't know why, but I really like the banana seat. Maybe times that I am getting old and reliving my youth. lol. As I get older I get a better appreciation for the older bikes. The only problem is I am running out of room.
  7. fuzzwardo

What did I find?

Not looking to sell it but is this thing worth keeping, like to possibly fix up for a kid? Don't want to put time into something that isn't worth messing with.
  8. fuzzwardo

What did I find?

I tried posting but evidently it didn't take. First time with photobucket.
  9. fuzzwardo

What did I find?

[/URL][/IMG] Driving by an old farmhouse for a couple of days and by the road have been bikes. Stopped and asked if they were getting rid of them and they said take them. The first on wasn't anything special, just a boys 20" huffy which I am sure I can find a neighborhood kid who needs a bike...
  10. fuzzwardo

Home made banana seat?

Any advice for making a banana seat to fit an adult bike? I saw some where that an old skateboard could be used as the base but can't remember where I saw it. Is this a reasonable idea? Then what to use for the foam?
  11. fuzzwardo

any idea what this is?

You guys are right on. It does have an old schwinn seat but it does look just like that picture. So school me on Stelber, are they worth messing with? I do think it looks neat so I'll probably just clean it up and get it rideable.
  12. fuzzwardo

any idea what this is?

I ended up getting the blue girls bike. It is actually a 24" and when I ran the serial number it said it is a 1957 Schwinn. However it never said what model it was, just sent me to the 1957 schwinn catalog page. Any clues?
  13. fuzzwardo

any idea what this is?

Well I offered $100 and he was at $150. He wasn't sure what he had so I'll let him stew on it for a couple of days and see if I cave in first or he does. Not really sure if I need another bike, lol. But I then found this very nearby. Selller says its a 50s girls 20" horn tank Schwinn...
  14. fuzzwardo

any idea what this is?

I am thinking about going to look at this tomorrow and from what I am told it is a J C Higgins from Sears but that's it. I am new to the pre and post war era bikes so I have no clue what it is worth and they want me to make an offer. Can you help?
  15. fuzzwardo

Just another noob.

I joined to get some ideas and wisdom for a couple of upcoming projects. I have a Schwinn Racer that is in poor shape that is begging for a lil customization and a 1941 Schwinn Dx that I want to turn into a klunker type toy. Hopefully I can find some direction for my path.
Back