Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. rfoster458

Rusty Ride Tiger

I'm going to put it back to as original as possible now that the build-off is done.
  2. rfoster458

Skirt Chaser

Great work. I really dig this bike!
  3. rfoster458

DRAG KING

I've enjoyed watching this build from the beginning. The awesome thing about the build-off is that we get to experience the building of awesome machines like yours.
  4. rfoster458

Rusty Ride Tiger

Here it is finished for the bike build off. My first ever. I know it's not the best build but I have less than $20 in it total other than the price of the bike. The 1959 Schwinn paint is all cleaned up and still 100% original. The skip tooth is all original as well. The other parts used are all...
  5. rfoster458

Rusty Ride, Finished

Here it is finished for the bike build off. My first ever. I know it's not the best build but I have less than $20 in it total other than the price of the bike. It needs some fine tuning but the paint is all cleaned up and still 100% original. The skip tooth is all original as well. The other...
  6. rfoster458

Auction Purchase

Went to an auction this weekend and picked up this Western Flyer. Already have it stripped down and next is stripping the spray paint off. It is a 1948. Used to be maroon and white.
  7. rfoster458

Last Weekend

I picked up these two last weekend at a garage sale. A Columbia Speedliner and a Sears Spaceliner. The Columbia is a 1958. Only paid $25 for it, which I thought was a good deal. The 2-speed still works. I can't figure out the year of the Spaceliner. The serial number on the back left is as...
  8. rfoster458

Rusty Ride, Finished

White wall on the rear or no? I'm still thinking about going with an old 10-speed front wheel. Maybe I'll do a black wall and pinstripe a red line on the tire.
  9. rfoster458

Rusty Ride, Finished

I haven't posted in a while, but I am still working on the bike. As I said earlier I am going for the cheapest build as possible and still making it cool. So far I have used all parts from my garage with exception to the headlight I got from my dad's shop. It's just as old as the bike if not...
  10. rfoster458

Weekend acquisitions

@tony.foster2 thanks for delivering it yesterday.
  11. rfoster458

Weekend acquisitions

I've been on the look out for a cool old tank bike for my wife to cruise around on for leisure rides. This past weekend we were hitting some garage sales and I came across this bike. A 1963 Columbia Thunderbolt. It's not even close to perfect, but we think it's awesome. I need to find wheels...
  12. rfoster458

Rusty Ride, Finished

I haven't posted anything in a little bit, but there is some progress happening. I got a lot cleaned on the bike and got some handlebars mocked up as you can see in the picture. More to come later...
  13. rfoster458

Rusty Ride, Finished

No major updates on my build. Mainly a lot of elbow grease and polishing the 55 year old chrome. I did get a donor bike for some parts and then a tire given to me and a few other old parts. So far I have not invested any money in to the build other than the purchase if the bike. So my cheap...
  14. rfoster458

Rusty Ride, Finished

So as I said in my intro to this build, it will be very cheap and I'll use what I can find. Unlike others, I don't have a lot of bikes or parts. I have this one, my old Sears cruiser, and my dad's Raleigh from the 70's which has been in a barn for 20 years. I'm still in the process of cleaning...
  15. rfoster458

Rusty Ride, Finished

I don't have a bike work stand so I just used my bike rack for the tear down. Started cleaning the frame some. The rust will stay, just getting rid of the dirt.
  16. rfoster458

Rusty Ride, Finished

Here's a little illustration of some ideas I have.
  17. rfoster458

Rusty Ride, Finished

Here we go, my first build off. It's going to be simple, very cheap, and rusty. I'm starting with a Schwinn Tiger that I probably overpaid for. The frame won't be customized and I don't have many parts to work with so I'll be using whatever I can find around the garage. The absolute least funds...
  18. rfoster458

Another new guy

Awesome! Thanks!
  19. rfoster458

Another new guy

What show? We go to the Portland (IN) show every year.
Back