Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Pedal_junky

SOLD '52 Roadmaster custom.

'52 Roadmaster frame, Gen 3 Monark springer repop fork, epoxy primered, single stage Sherwin Williams automotive paint. 26" Velocity Blunt rims, stainless spokes, very nice New Departure blackout hubs. Minty Diamond chain, fresh nickel seatpost, great condition Persons seat. Hit me up with any...
  2. Pedal_junky

SOLD '40 Pope

Westfield built Pope. Kinda odd considering their history. Cool badge that you don't see much. Here's what you get. Frame and fork w/headset, tank, Coffin chainring crankset with cups and bearings, seatpost, stem and bars. (No truss rods.) $sold shipped. I'll throw the red Troxel in for an...
  3. Pedal_junky

Roadmaster River.

Going with my gut. Aaand this one I took today. Down by the river, Roadmaster River. What do you guys think?
  4. Pedal_junky

Mint Trip crosses the finish line!

Mint Trip is definitely a different direction than my last year's build off bike "Hombre" This year I wanted to focus on the basics of a cruiser bike with bold color combo. Made it down to a local landmark of sorts. The barn they filmed parts of "Days of Thunder" is located about 5 miles from...
  5. Pedal_junky

Western Flyer

Got this in the mock up stage right now. '52 CWC built Western Flyer, Girvin fork with the brake bosses shaved, on 24" wheels. Still working on chainring/crank for it. But I do have a cool half link chain to slap on it.
  6. Pedal_junky

Mint Trip crosses the finish line!

"Roadmaster" from the winter build off that never got past a pile of parts. Finally got this thing painted, single stage enamel. Minty green with some orange accents. It will be pretty basic and clean. And comfortable to ride, which is pretty important for me. Bookmarking so I can show...
  7. Pedal_junky

Days of Thunder barn

This barn is located in Mooresville NC off of HWY 150, a short drive from my neigborhood. Stopped by the other day to snap some pics of my '48 Roadmaster. (Frameset purchased from ind-chuck.)
  8. Pedal_junky

The Pope

This was a local pickup only ebay buy. I really dig the lines of the frame and I've always loved the coffin chainrings. Although a repaint, it was done well and looks decent. Here it is when I got it. First transformation, stripped off the unnecessary items and added new tires, a tank and a...
  9. Pedal_junky

'39 Colson

My co-worker retrieved this bike from an overgrown barn that was on a property he bought last year. He said it was hanging upside down from the left pedal. He brought it in for me to look at and try to figure out the usual questions. He told me he had plans to make yard art out of it. When he...
  10. Pedal_junky

26" on 24"?

I've dug through my content and a ton of posts and can't seem to find it. Someone posted a pic of a 24" bike with 26" wheels. ?Was it here, or am I mistaken?
  11. Pedal_junky

Schwinn Typhoon.

Picked this one up today. '62 one year only (right? ) Met the seller and then realized it was a 24". Brought it home anyway. Neat bike with Bendix red band automatic. Wheels are true, fenders are straight and very few paint scratches. I think it will buff out pretty good. Cool sticker on the top...
  12. Pedal_junky

(WBO) Roadmaster

Starting with these parts. This build will be clean and minimal. It will have some color. Frame will be getting primer and paint in the next few weeks.
  13. Pedal_junky

Photos.

My boy rides vintage. If bikes could talk, what would these two be saying? Hombre in front of the chicken house. Probably my favorite badge. What's your favorite cold remedy? Haha. Elgin Falcon.
  14. Pedal_junky

Thanks Ceebee

After seeing Ceebee's Colson with the awesome house paint patina, I was motivated to get after some fenders I had hanging on the wall. Sprayed some stripper on the hefty coat of house paint green. Started scrubbing with some sand paper, scotch brite pads, and finished with 0000 steel wool...
  15. Pedal_junky

Inspired by a shower.

Keep it clean guys! Just got an idea for a headlight build. Thank you hotel shower.
  16. Pedal_junky

Hombre

"Hombre" 1954 Evans Colson girls bike.
  17. Pedal_junky

Build off hangover?

I don't know about you guys and gals, but when BONINE was over, I felt a little lost. Like what now? And what the heck am I going to build next year? I really had no idea. Since then, time has passed and I found plenty to do, work-family-projects etc. I've even started aquiring parts for next...
  18. Pedal_junky

Sturmey Archer X-FD

Building up a set of bomber/klunker wheels and like the idea and look of a front drum. Does anyone have any experience with the X-FD? Probably won't descend Mt. Tam, but will get some local NC trail use/abuse. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! Frank
  19. Pedal_junky

Speedster Muscle.

Okay, the latest hat to be worn by my Schwinn Speedster. Shoe horned an S-2 (spins very true) on the rear shod with a Columbia Supreme, skinny S-5 on the front, black velour banana and some apes Full size banana. Kept the original master link. Laid down a nice water slide decal. Here is...
  20. Pedal_junky

Roadmaster Luxury Liner

This is a reproduction, not sure of the year. Its all original except for the seat post collar. (I have it, just doesnt work as well) What do these bikes generally sell for? I've looked in all the usual places, ebay, craigslist, forums etc without luck. Thanks!
Back