Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. raised by robots

Raleigh Capri Project

I havn't posted here in a while, but I'm still fooling around with bikes on my free time. I really wanted a lightweight roadbike to thrash around the streets on, so I snagged this 90's Raleigh Capri from craigslist. I payed a little too much for it, but its a decent bike and half the weight of...
  2. raised by robots

lost the pedals, now im motorized!

Hey guys, I've haven't posted here in a long time, but I regularly check out whats going on. Well, I've turned to the motor side of the two wheeled world. I got a motorcycle a couple weeks ago. I love it, its a 2001 Kawasaki w650. If your not familiar, the w650 is a European model that is a...
  3. raised by robots

the STRAIGHT 7 special

lets hear it for procrastination! I finally finished the build off bike, for now atleast. There were a couple of things I didn't get to do, and the bike ended up looking different than what I anticipated. If I hadn't ran out of money, I would have liked to put a pair of truss rods and a cool...
  4. raised by robots

well, this is a new one for me...

i've never even heard of anything like this. fun untill you hit a pot hole. check it out
  5. raised by robots

the STRAIGHT 7 special (complete!)

Well, here goes nothing. This is my RRBBO2 entry, a simple 1977 schwinn speedster frame. I have had this frame and fork sitting around for quite a while now. I like the slight cantilever top tube, and the bike looks long and low when its put together right. But this will be a really simple...
  6. raised by robots

vintage synthesizer

Check out this 1984 analog synthesizer made by Kawai! 40 BUCKS! Found it at a goodwill in the electronics. Seriously one of the best things I've ever found in a thrift store. Ever since I started getting interested in music, I have always wanted a synthesizer. I've been spending a lot...
  7. raised by robots

dumpster diving finally paid off

...sort of... I've been looking through a public dump for a couple weeks now, and I've seen nothing but wrecked mountain bikes. But the other night I FINALLY found something interesting. When I first caught a glimpse of it I thought it might be a schwinn musclebike or something. Check it...
  8. raised by robots

old schwinn lightweights

I've some old schwinn bikes floating around the garage and basement: Anyone interested in a 77' mens speedster frame and fork? I will try to sell it for now, because i dont have the money to fix it up. But if no one offers me enough for it, I would really like to turn it into a 5 speed...
  9. raised by robots

spring is in the air

We cleared out the garage the other day and I had to snap a picture of the bikes sitting in the grass... just for the heck of it. Spring time in east Tennessee is beautiful, so me and my lady have been riding a lot more. These two are defiantly the daily cruisers now. what do you guys...
  10. raised by robots

first of all....

wow, thanks for the support guys. But I need to say, that in no way is my bike the best. I think all of the bikes have their own personality, and they can't really be compared. We should just weld all of these bike together to create the biggest, rattiest, flat blackiest, megatron of a bike...
  11. raised by robots

Montgomery Wards: IRON GHOST

original thread here
  12. raised by robots

my muse

Anyone else have a muse bike? A bike that epitomizes your opinion of the coolest bike out there. The one that makes you think... I WANT THAT, and the one that sparked all of this bicycle stuff for you. Well I came across the first bike that totally inspired me. Its not a rat or a chopper, it...
  13. raised by robots

check it out!

and so continues my love-hate relationship with ebay. But I finally came out on top with this auction. Looky what I've got... golden flyer tank I've been looking for one of these for a long time. It's going strait on my western flyer. The last tank like that went for 70+ dollars on ebay. I'll...
  14. raised by robots

raised by robots

me: I am into photography, design, music, and lots of other things involved in the arts. I love to be creative and I try to keep learning new crafts. I really like anything retro. Bicycles, clothing, art, furniture, appliances, anything vintage. The latest something I've bought is a 60's...
  15. raised by robots

RRBBO - Montgomery Ward's "Iron Ghost"

Here is my entry for the build. Its an older Montgomery Ward's balloon tire bike. I really dont know how old this thing is. From everything I've seen so far, i guess it was made around maybe the 30's or 40's. This is definitely the oldest bike I own right now. The name has nothing to do with the...
Back