Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

20 wheel ID

I found some 20 inch three spoke wheels at a junk shop. At a glance they appear to be BMX type. Well I picked one up and they are steel and weigh a ton. They look very well made and have a cool reflector mount. The rear has a 5 speed hub. Sorry I didn't get any pictures. Any ideas? Marc
  2. P

Another Rickshaw

It's not light, maybe 150 pounds. I avoid hills. Marc
  3. P

Another Rickshaw

My Dad also brought this back from Viet Nam. It came disasembled in a huge box. It's handbuilt from a lot of surplus military stuff including hand formed aluminum panels from old aircraft. The tires are original Michelins marked made in Viet Nam.
  4. P

Grip removal

I tap them off with a block of wood and a hammer.
  5. P

Raleigh bike

Cool! Can you post detailed pics of the lamp. That is the smaller size of the DL-1. Does it have 28" wheels? Marc
  6. P

Back Alley Bike Club: South Dakota

Hey! I'm from Watertown. Kinda all my my lonesome up here. Keep me in mind for your next event. Citywide spring cleanup starts next week, always lotsa bikes to be had. Marc
  7. P

Best classic bikes for taller riders (6'3")

Can you buy a bare frame from Worksman? Marc
  8. P

Who here is over 50?

50 plus one week here. This stuff keeps a guy young. Marc
  9. P

1936 Silver King

Are those Silver Kings really long? Droooooooool! Marc
  10. P

Carlyle tires made in US

Here's the bike. I know it's a Coat King but it's in great shape. I mainly bought it for the tires and Persons saddle. I assume it's a newer bike. Just wonder how it got the old tires. Tires Tread looks new Saddle is real nice just a little dirty Marc
  11. P

Carlyle tires made in US

Cool, just bought a bike with Carlyle tires that say made in USA. Pictures to follow, it's too cold out right now. Marc
  12. P

Carlyle tires made in US

Are Carlyle bike tires still US made? If not when did the cease manufacture here? Marc
  13. P

Vintage and Antique Signage!

It's onesided and porcelain. I've had quite a few signs since I started collecting and have sold most. I plan to keep this one. Marc
  14. P

Vintage and Antique Signage!

I found this sign years ago in a dumpster outside an old building that was being remodeled in Lincoln Nebraska, where I lived growing up. My Dad told me that Billy Wolff was a Harley/Cushman Scooter/Bicycle dealer in Lincoln. In fact there is a bike trail in Lincoln named after Billy. In the...
  15. P

Bob Casale of Devo passed away

Was he Bob1 or Bob2 ? And a trivia tidbit. Neil Young was a Devo fan and got the phrase Rust Never Sleeps from them. Marc
  16. P

Hello Angels.

That would be fairly easy to replicate. So who made it? Marc
  17. P

1958 Raleigh Sports

Inspiring work as always. Marc
  18. P

Which Brooks saddle?

On a related note does anyone replace the leather on these? I have one in good shape but without the leather part. Marc
  19. P

Tank, Apes, and Straighten forks

Cool! I'm heading to The Cities tomorrow, I'll have to check them out. Any other bike places I should see? Marc
  20. P

Show me your rare bike / bike part, you found in 2013 !!!

A Raleigh Superbe is on my quest list. Nice find!
Back