Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. us56456712

I’m not working in my shop yet.

I woke up this morning to this.
  2. us56456712

Ski Flying in Norway yesterday

3. us56456712

Tracker tribute

Can’t post on this forum. A lot of stuff posed but it’s under oops problems. Can’t find it. I may try again but this site now stinks, not worth the aggravation. I was only doing photos as text also vanishes. Everything is stored here somewhere but I can’t retrieve it.
  4. us56456712

Phoenix

Phoenix, risen up from ashes.
  5. us56456712

$5 Salvation Army thrift store bike

It’s got 12.5 inch wheels. It just needed cleaning. My 3 year old grandson has been riding a stride bike for over two years. He has had two stride bikes, the first one was a plastic job with 4 tiny wheels, two close together on the front and rear, then a real stride bike. He jumped on the pedal...
  6. us56456712

Post War Fiets Cross, Velo Cross, Gravel Pit/Bomb Crater Cross Tribute.

After WWII few in Europe had much money. There were old bikes that people cobbled together in Holland, France and England for rough ground racing in imitation of their beloved sport, motocross. When the economy picked up in the middle 1950s small motorcycles, scooters and motorized bicycles...
  7. us56456712

Force One saved

New gravel bike. It needs a little work, fork tube is too long for one.
  8. us56456712

1930s BSA

In the 1950s it was repainted with new decals and has new 1950s Dunlop wheels. Flip flop hub. I plan tune up.
  9. us56456712

AMF Roadmaster

I got this from a junk pile hoard in a small town. I bought it for $25 for the tank, which I’ll use on another bike. The frame had a missing cantilever frame tubing plug. I made one. The frame had two cracks, a few small dents and holes in chain stays from a loose crank. I filled them by welding...
  10. us56456712

Inexpensive coaster wheel.

I got an inexpensive 10 speed at the thrift store store for $12.99. It had steel rims. The rear five speed hub is 130 mm OLD. A Bendix red band hub is slightly larger in diameter but only 110 mm OLD. The spokes are all the same size, which is common on these old steel five speed rims. Dished...
  11. us56456712

Hiawatha balooner of unknown manufacture

It’s coming along. I’m looking for a thrift store old big box mountain bike for a wheel donor. It’s done until I get wheels. It’s got a long head tube. I needed a fork with a 7.5 inch long fork tube. I had to weld on an extension on to the only one I had that was for balloon tires. I used a...
  12. us56456712

Missing Cantilever frame tubing plugs

Any ideas on what I can use to plug this? So far my idea is to tap the tubing, thread in a bolt, grind the head round to match the tubing, plunge weld it in place and use JB weld to form the half round. gotta be an easier way.
  13. us56456712

Where can I have repop decals custom made?

I need some decals for a resto. These decals aren’t available so they need to be custom made. I’m not getting answers so far from Salmon and and Velocals is out of business. Any other sources I’m not familiar with? I don't want to blast off the paint until I get replacement decals or stickers...
  14. us56456712

Ignoying ratatrocious junkmaggot

It’s raining for the second straight day. There is almost never any sunny days here so photos are always bad. I edited it, lightened it up but there are no are no details. Every part is broken, worn out, rotted and badly repaired. Front and rear one and three eights inch coaster wheels, rusted...
  15. us56456712

Ignoying ratatrocious junkmaggot

Since no one is building a rat I thought I’d toss some of my junk in the build off ring. Bones from a junk pile at a closed down iron mining village. More tomorrow.
  16. us56456712

Junk

I got a Schwinn Corvette type frame. Old three speed. It’s pretty good, rusty bars crank and headset spin and are tight. I also got a 1970s tank frame. I’m going to clean up and paint the tank and use it on my Western Flyer. This frame has a bent fork and splits in the tubing in two places. It...
  17. us56456712

Average Joe’s Wheel lacing shop

Let’s get one thing straight at the beginning. The average Joe only builds 36 hole, single speed, three cross, no offset rim and no cassette or free hub wheels. Simplest wheels to build. In my non average Joe alter ego I’ve built radial, 2x, 3x, 4x, cassette, 20, 24, 26 700C wheels, 28, 32, 36...
  18. us56456712

Welcome winter

First day of winter. Sunrise colors at 9am. The good news is that now the days will be getting longer.
  19. us56456712

Stuzman wood rims

I have to lace the rear wheel. Front wheel is done.
  20. us56456712

Rifle deer season

Seven degrees out. My deer froze before it could be processed.
Back