Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Nagant

The 27.5" Huffy Venue belt drive bikes

I noticed these on Walmarts website and month or two ago and I don't remember them being posted here yet. Sort of surprised to see belt drive on a department store bike. The way the chain stays extend to the down tube is sort of odd looking to me. The color seems to be about the only difference...
  2. Nagant

Kent Devastator Fat Bike

I'm not sure if this one has been mentioned here already or not. Found it tonight on Walmarts site in three different color options at $197. The specs are messed up in typical Walmart fashion. It says coaster brake rear single speed but the pics clearly show a rear free wheel and derailleur...
  3. Nagant

Louisville Underground Bike Park

I first learned about the Louisville underground cavern system with bike park on the show Kentucky Life via the Kentucky PBS channel. There is also a member here that is building a bike to ride it but I can't remember where his post is nor find it now. Anyhow I found this article on Yahoo the...
  4. Nagant

1963 One Got Fat Bicycle Safety Video

This has probably been posted before. I learned about this old video because TCM played the last instalment of it early this morning. Looks like the whole video is on YouTube.
  5. Nagant

Mongoose Dolomite $199 Cyber Monday at two stores

Most have probably already seen this deal but both Walmart and Target have the Dolomite for $199 today for a Cyber Monday deal. http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Mongoose-Dolomite-Men-s-7-speed-Fat-Tire-Mountain-Bike-Navy-Blue-Red/29741123...
  6. Nagant

When you buy from a site sponsor do you.......

When you buy from a site sponsor do you make sure they know you are a member here? I do because it's an old habit from my military surplus collecting days. Back then I always made it known I was a Gunboards.com member when placing a order so that they knew their advertising dollars were working...
  7. Nagant

Couple of new Fat Bikes at WalMart

I posted these in the new stuff at WalMart thread as well. Polaris Wooly Bully Fat Tire Bicycle. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wooly-Bully-Fat-Tire-Bicycle/38506061 Pricey but I saw it for less at other places like Amazon, Sears.... Kawasaki Sumo 4.0 Fat Tire Bicycle...
  8. Nagant

Early 80's BMX ID needed

I cross posted this in the vintage BMX section as well. This 20" vintage bike has been in my possession since November of 2013. Finally posting some pics to see if it can be identified. I don't know much about these type bikes but to me it looks like a early 80's department store bike. The...
  9. Nagant

Early 80's BMX ID needed

This 20" vintage bike has been in my possession since November of 2013. Finally posting some pics to see if it can be identified. I don't know much about these type bikes but to me it looks like a early 80's department store bike. The front sprocket looks Huffy to me but I can't find any matches...
  10. Nagant

ID on Mag Style Sprocket Please

I've had the mag style sprocket in the pic with all the other stuff for quite a while and have wondered who the maker is or what bike it might have come off of. Hopefully it's not a newer Chinese make. Currently I'm running it, the crank, and bearing that were with it on my Schwinn HD build. The...
  11. Nagant

New Box Store 29" Straight Bar Cruisers Schwinn & a different Huffy

I assume these bikes are fairly new. Periodically I check the box store websites to see if any new interesting bikes are being offered. Today was the first time I had looked at Walmarts online bikes in some months. I saw these three and thought I'd post them since they're a little different than...
  12. Nagant

Anyone tried a Nexus 3 hub on a 20" childs Bike?

I was wondering if anyone here has ran a Nexus 3 coaster brake hub on a 20" kids bike. Experiences and thoughts about this would be appreciated. My Mother and myself are planning to purchase a 20" wheeled bicycle for my Niece (Moms granddaughter) for Christmas and I would like to add a Nexus 3...
  13. Nagant

Huffy Timberwolf better than average early 90's Huffy - Pic Heavy

Found this Huffy Timberwolf on Craigslist and picked it up today. Only one picture in the add but I could tell it had been stored indoors and that it had some extras. The owner was a really nice person and he was the original owner of the bike. As best as he could remember he purchased it in...
  14. Nagant

Schwinn BMX or Muscle Bike made into trike on CS

I'm not sure if the bike was originally some type of muscle bike or not. My knowledge of smaller bikes is very limited. But I saw this on Craigslist and thought is was interesting and odd and might make for some conversation. More pics of it in the ad...
  15. Nagant

Schwinn Heavy Duti built via misc. parts: Small updates

I guess this qualifies as a build. You won't see anything groundbreaking, custom, or cool. In the past I have always just swapped parts on existing bikes to make them fit my needs. This is similar but for the first time I am going to attempt to make a bike from parts. Frame from ind-chuckz...
  16. Nagant

Have others been dog bit while riding or had close calls?

This is probably something that has been discussed in the past but I thought about making a post on the subject after being chased by a pitbull or pit-boxer mix yesterday in town while riding. Brought back memories of when I was bitten by a pitbull while riding my bike in town 12 to 14 years...
  17. Nagant

Another new guy from Southern Illinois

Yes another Southern Illinois-er. There seems to be quite a few of us here. My name is Paul and I live in the little town of Crossville. One of those don't blink as you drive through towns or you will miss it. Been reading this forum for some months but never got motivated to post until now...
Back