Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. PhxBuckeye

'35 Schwinn Excelsior double diamond

I recently acquired this 1935 Schwinn DD Excelsior frame. I had to give up a lot in trade and cash to get it too. But it's as nice as I've ever seen so I figured it was worth the cost. Not 100% sure of what the build will include, but it will be a Cal cruiser/strandie-style build. I'm...
  2. PhxBuckeye

BMX-spaced Campy Super Record hubs & American-Made Redline cranks --> MX coaster brake hubs

Here's what I have followed by what I want. The Shimano MX hubs don't have to be black, but it would be nice. Thanks
  3. PhxBuckeye

Schwinn-stamped Ashtabula stem

Nice shape and appears to be stamped '76. I've had this in a parts bin wrapped up for a cople of years. It's just as when I got it. I've done nothing to refinish and I've never mounted it. I just don't have a plan for the stem. $275 shipped.
  4. PhxBuckeye

Withdrawn NOS 26" COVID Cruiser & more

I have a never built or mocked up S&M COVID Cruiser I'd be willing to trade, sell or do a combination of cash & parts. Everything you see is new, never mounted and made in the USA! $2,000 OBO. Things I'm interested in are a prewar Schwinn F/F with the straight stays and decent OG paint. I'm...
  5. PhxBuckeye

36H ACS rear hub NOS or minty

Thanks in advance.
  6. PhxBuckeye

Mongoose maybe Tange ATB fork "bi-plane"

7. PhxBuckeye

26" CMC rims/wheels

I know there are still plenty of these around on 80s beach cruisers some 80s MTBs etc. I know Jamis Earth Cruisers used them. I'd really like to fined a decent set with the dimpled spoke holes, but if they're the ones with flat profiles that's good too. If you've got some, I'm interested...
  8. PhxBuckeye

Prewar Schwinn crank choice....

Hello, Sorry for being mechanically challenged, but I have a prewar Schwinn frame that I recently acquired. It has gouges in the chainstays that I assume are from the cranks clipping them. Do I need to use a dog leg crank to prevent this from happening again after I do a little rehab on the...
  9. PhxBuckeye

Original WEBCO decals...

I'd like to find white, but I could consider other colors. Thanks in advance
  10. PhxBuckeye

Black rat trap pedals 1/2"

NOS or minty black rat trap 1/2" pedals sought. Thanks in advance.
  11. PhxBuckeye

Elgin = Powerlite?

I've had this F/F for about a year now just sitting in my garage. It's time to either build it or sell it. I've always wanted a 26" 3-bar Powerlite, but they don't come available very often and when they do they're at a price that would cause my wife to kick me out. To me this frame has a...
  12. PhxBuckeye

Three Treks I've picked up in the last two weeks

'96ish Trek 930 Mid-80s? Trek 950. Lugged steel and mostly original. An even earlier lugged steel Trek. I didn't know Trek made a bike with the under mount U-brake. It's been repainted. When I saw it I thought maybe it's not really a Trek, but it's stamped Trek in at least two places...
  13. PhxBuckeye

Vintage Treks

I just picked up what I think is a '96 Trek 930 off of CL near the AL/TN border. This thing was out in the sticks. Guy had said he was in Chattanooga. It was a good 40 miles past that. My GPS got me totally lost and the guy ended up bringing it to me on some gravel road. He said the only...
  14. PhxBuckeye

Vintage steel mountain bike

I'm looking for a vintage steel mountain bike. I'd love to find something lugged but as long as it's cromo I'll look at anything. I'm 5'10" 32" inseam so I need a medium/large. TIA
  15. PhxBuckeye

Anyone know what this is worth?

Does anyone know what this is worth? It's a circa "1935 Suicide Shifter." It's connected to a Specialized Saturae HX 22 rim...which were spec'd on Team Stump Jumpers in 1985/and is laced to a Sturmey Archer Internal 3 spd Hub. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't sure where to put...
  16. PhxBuckeye

'15 Kona Humu....

What are everyone's thoughts on the '15 Kona Humu? Loved this bike when it was 26" mountain bike and the similar BMX version. They're bringing back in a 29" cruiser version. Any thoughts on this? TIA http://www.konaworld.com/humuhumu.cfm
  17. PhxBuckeye

What do these numbers mean?....

82766huffy26326 There is also a 50 stamp sideways above the numbers. Thanks in advance.
  18. PhxBuckeye

Can anyone give me some insight on this bike?

I tried searching using the info provided in the add and I've emailed the guy, but I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight on this bike. It says Simple Seven Columbia Clipper, though he spelled it Colombia. Just wondering year and where it was made. TIA...
  19. PhxBuckeye

Hola from Arizona....

Hello, Been reading this board for a few weeks as I've been wanting to buy a vintage beach cruiser and build it a little BMX-ish/single speed Mt. bike for cruising around my neighborhood and light trails/canal banks. I mostly ride my Soma Juice 29er and I also have a single speed steel Lotus...
Back