Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Brunson67

72 Campus Green Stingray just acquired

Just picked up this pretty much all original 1972 Campus Green Stingray. Front tire is wrong, and the sprocket was changed out at some point. Overall pretty clean. My Dad took me to Stutsman Sporting Goods (Local Schwinn Dealer) in Corona Ca in 1972 to get my first bike, a Campus Green Stingray...
  2. Brunson67

SE Floval Flyer

Beautiful 2014 Tough Guy Tan Floval Flyer. Upgraded White Industries freewheel, S&M Slam bars, I also have the original plastic lightening bolt seat. Bike has been stored in side the house since new, only ridden a few times. Local pick up, I’m in Canyon Lake California, 92587. $650.00, no trades.
  3. Brunson67

Early Stingray help

Hoping you guys can help answer a few questions regarding my 1964 Stingray. 1. Seat post: my understanding is my bike should have a chrome 14" seat post, Schwinn P/N 7208, is it suppose to be a script or non-script? 2. Front hub: When I got the bike it didn't have any lock nuts on the...
  4. Brunson67

64 Stingray

I've had this for a few years in storage, pulled it out last week, bolted up the parts I had taken off for storage. All original, has paint rub as seen, maybe paperboy bags? I need to take it apart, clean, and rebuild/re-grease bearings.
  5. Brunson67

1964 Stingray

1964 Stingray I've had stored for a few years. Just pulled it out and dusted it off. Haven't done anything to it since I've had it. Appears to be all original, even the tires. I rode it around and I definitely need to overhaul all the bearings and soak the chain, and put on some new tires. Paint...
  6. Brunson67

59 Schwinn Straight bar

A few pics of my wife's 59 Tornado Straight bar. I just added the rack and crate, she requested something for when we go camping. I had previously had the rack on the bike when I built it 15 plus years ago, I shortened the legs to bring it closer to the tire and help get seat lower, she's only...
  7. Brunson67

Anyone interested in custom S&M Cruiser Bars?

Arnold from S&M contacted me to see if there was enough interest they would make a limited rum of the custom cruiser bars they did for me. Obviously USA made, at the S&M facility, .090" wall thickness, chromoly, 32.5" wide , 6.25" height, 12 degrees upsweep(about 2"), 20 degrees of pull back...
  8. Brunson67

Help with my threads/posts

why in my threads/posts do my pictures show up above my text? Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! Help!
  9. Brunson67

1980 Schwinn Cruiser Build

So I picked this up awhile back, all original 1980 Schwinn Cruiser. Overall decent shape, looks like someone had a chain wrapped around the head tube, pretty much destroyed the paint and a little bit of the surrounding areas. This is going to be a basic rebuild, changing out the whitewalls...
  10. Brunson67

Spoke gauge question

Hello, looking at building s 26" wheel set, or should I say having somebody, if I have hubs and rims that are drilled for 14 gauge, do I just drill the holes larger to accommodate the larger 12 gauge spikes and larger nipples? Are stainless 12 gauge spokes available?
  11. Brunson67

1979 Schwinn Middleweight 1980's / Vans Tribute

Built this for my buddy. He had no clue until I gave it to him. The build thread is posted in builds section.
  12. Brunson67

Schwinn Cruiser

Mid 80's Schwinn Cruiser. The build thread was posted in Builds. Chain guard tabs and fender supports on forks were removed. Fixed a few blemishes in frame and fork. Made s new brake bridge and welded it in to get the reach I need to rim Dia Compe MX1000's. Drilled and filed slots to run brake...
  13. Brunson67

Just another 26" Schwinn Cruiser Build

Got this at a yard sale on my to work, $20.00. Didn't need it, thought I could pass onto someone who needed a cruiser for when all of our friends go camping. Thought tires, grips, a quick clean up, good to go. Had no takers, with exception, my wife and 13 year old son liked it. He currently...
  14. Brunson67

Single speed versus 5 speed drop out spacing?

Looking for the difference in drop out spacing between a single speed coaster brake and a 5 speed derailleur type. And does the 5 speed have more offset on the drive side dropout to make room for the gear cluster?Specifically Schwinn Cruisers from the late 70' - early 80's. Thanks!
  15. Brunson67

Schwinn 26" balloon tire fork

Looking for 26" Schwinn balloon tire fork with chrome crown, like what would be on a early 80's cruiser. Thanks!
  16. Brunson67

26" Beach Cruiser Strandie Build

Just in the last year we have started going camping, which means you need to have a sweet 26" Cruiser. My best friend asked me to build him a Beach Cruiser for when we go camping. He gave me full creative control. I knew it would be to expensive to do a real period correct late 70 early 80's...
  17. Brunson67

SOLD Vintage Swing Bike

1970's Swing Bike, I don't know a lot about these bikes, it does appear to have original parts, but as you can see, someone spray painted the chrome black, and the frame has been re-painted red. Everything works on the bike, I've ridden it. I don't see any damage, dents or repairs. Price is...
  18. Brunson67

Will a 2.3"x 26" tire fit in a Schwinn Middleweight?

Title says it all, I'm building a 26" Schwinn Cruiser for a friend. I have tubular bmx 26" forks, so front won't be a problem. But I already ordered tires and now wondering if I screwed up. Will 2.3's fit a Middleweight frame? Thanks!
  19. Brunson67

Schwinn blade fork help

Hello, in the process of swapping out an aftermarket springer on my wife's 1959 Schwinn 26" Tornado. I'm not going to run a front brake, so I don't need the hole for the caliper. My question is what model forks should I be looking for? Obviously balloon/heavyweight, but are the middleweights the...
  20. Brunson67

Drop outs width help

I have a 1981 Schwinn single speed 26" Cruiser. I want to put Sturmey Archer drum brake hubs on it. Are there standard widths for front and rear drop out spacing?
Back