Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. blown240

71 Stingray Build

My son was given an old Schwinn Stingray from a buddy of mine. Since he is in home school, he intends to build it up for "Shop Class" credit. I figured I would share the progress and I know we will have some questions... He hopes to flip the bike to help pay for the 61 Ford Falcon we bought...
  2. blown240

Schwinn Stingray???

Thanks!! What’s a reasonable price?
  3. blown240

Schwinn Stingray???

Thanks. I’ll have to check date code on some of the other parts. I know for sure thst the chain guard isn’t original. My son plans to sell it to help pay for his car. We got him a 61 Ford Falcon. Hopefully the bike it worth at least a few hundred when it’s done… Should we paint it...
  4. blown240

Schwinn Stingray???

Seems to be a nov 71. IM not sure if its better to just clean it up, or to throw a coat of paint on it. I dont think this is the original paint...
  5. blown240

Schwinn Stingray???

Look what I just found.... now I just need to see what it means...
  6. blown240

Schwinn Stingray???

Hi Guys! A buddy of mine gave this bike to my son. He says its a late 60s Stingray, but I cant find a serial number. My boy wants to clean it up, put it together and sell it to her pay for his car project. Does any one know if this is really a stingray, and where I confined the serial...
  7. blown240

Road Bike Build

I did my 100 mile ride on this bike last week. It went pretty well. I had a slight issue with the rear shock making a squeaking sound, so Ill need to look into that, but overall the ride was great! No numbness at all, even though I took a couple 10-15 min breaks.
  8. blown240

Road Bike Build

So I've put about 90 miles on this bike now. And so far, its GREAT! Numbness is considerably less than on the Stumpjumper, and I am able to average 2-3 mph quicker. I did a 24 mile ride in an hour and 40 mins on Monday. I am planning on doing a 100 mile ride on it in a couple weeks....
  9. blown240

Road Bike Build

I made a bit of progress today. I put a carbon MTB bar on for now, with the bar ends off my stumpjumper, with XT shifters, XT rear brake lever and a Juicy 3 front brake. I also found an older XTR rear derailed that should work pretty good. Right now it still needs a chain and pedals, but its...
  10. blown240

Road Bike Build

Small update:
  11. blown240

Road Bike Build

Thanks! Ya, the Yeti is a great bike! Hey Dude! Small world. No flames shooting from the bikes yet, but you never know!
  12. blown240

Road Bike Build

Thats a really cool Logo! I see that its a shop in the UK. Wonder if they would ship a shirt to the US? I have a few retro MTBs... Here is the Stumpjumper. My dad bought it new in 94. I still have the receipt. My son rides this 93 Amp Research B2: I also have this 98 Gary Fisher...
  13. blown240

Road Bike Build

I have a rigid road fork on its way, and I think I'll go with flat bars for now.
  14. blown240

Road Bike Build

Well its been a year or so since Ive done a bike build. For the last couple months I have been able to ride everyday. Even though I try to get to the dirt as much as I can, most days I'm riding on the road. I have an old full squish 94 StumpJumper FSR that I put street tires on, but on longer...
  15. blown240

Free Fat Bike tires

I have a set of V rubber V8s and a set of 20x4 tires from a Mongoose that I don't need, but feel bad throwing away... They are in good condition, maybe have 1 ride on them... Im in Orange County Ca. Send me a message if you want them.
  16. blown240

SOLD Full Suspension Fat Bike

Ive decided to sell my full suspension Mongoose Beast. This is my own frame design, roughly based on an Ellsworth Epiphany. This bike is very fun to ride, it feels like a monster truck! It would be a great candidate to convert to an electric bike. VERY UNIQUE! There is only 1 of these bikes. I...
  17. blown240

Rebuilding My Old Beast

18. blown240

Rebuilding My Old Beast

Well, I got it done enough last night to throw a leg over it and take a ride. Its a decent ride. I need to dial in the rear shock and possibly reduce the front travel back to stock because the front is so tall. But so far I'm happy.... I had to steal a few parts from my other Beast...
  19. blown240

Cheap fat suspension forks...

I would have to take it apart to measure, but roughly 10 inches is pretty close…
Back