Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SoulGarageOH

"Road to My Horizon"

Out of the Corral! 1975 Schwinn Collegiate. I have a thing for the "camelback" frames (my fourth build using one). I really like the look, but they're a little small, and being a "lightweight" frame, they're also limited to tires no wider than 2.1-ish. My idea is a BMX Cruiser / "Strandie."
  2. SoulGarageOH

(MY) HOODLUM FRIEND ( take II )

Same bike as last year, a ‘58 Higgins frame and rims. This project never got off the ground last year, so I will attempt to get it built this year. Sadly it was my first DNF since joining the forum. I’m keeping the plan: tough and slick, like a 50s hoodlum.
  3. SoulGarageOH

(MY) HOODLUM FRIEND

For my 8th build off entry, I will be working with this '58 Higgins frame and rims. Going for tough, yet slick... like a 50s hoodlum. Fresh paint and newer parts.
  4. SoulGarageOH

Horn Swoop Me Bungo Pony

Ok. I’ll do this. BMX strandie/cruiser thing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. SoulGarageOH

I Can't Afford the Gas

Build thread below. https://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-cant-afford-the-gas.111043/
  6. SoulGarageOH

Folding Bikes

Anyone have any folding bikes they’re interested in selling? Asking for a friend[emoji41]. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. SoulGarageOH

BO15 I Can't Afford the Gas

I was going to do a strand / BMX cruiser using a Schwinn Speedster camelback frame, but @ParkRNDL posted his first, so I will graciously concede that idea to him. I think they may have been too similar. So! I've decided to tackle this 59' Schwinn Spitfire for a rat build. After all, as many have...
  8. SoulGarageOH

Teeth of the Hydra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. SoulGarageOH

Teeth of the Hydra

This build features the 71’ Schwinn Racer frame that I used in my first build off (BONINE). It doesn’t get the love it deserves ( no one rides it ), so I’m going to turn it into a 3-speed klunker and hopefully give it new life and “get it on” the trail. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. SoulGarageOH

Late 40’s Shelby

A friend’s Father-in-law has this in his barn. Anyone have an idea how much these go for? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. SoulGarageOH

Rad Alert!

12. SoulGarageOH

RRBBO13 Rad Alert! - Ride video with homemade, custom soundtrack.

Semi-traditional klunker build Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/IMG]
  13. SoulGarageOH

DEEP CONTUSION

14. SoulGarageOH

DEEP CONTUSION

15. SoulGarageOH

Huffy Eldorado??

I picked this up last week, and I just got around to trying to ID and date it. Has Huffy parts ( seat, coaster brake ). The only numbers I found are under crank case and it's only three digits. 811. That doesn't register anywhere. So going solely on looks and the huffy coaster I'm guessing it's...
  16. SoulGarageOH

Deep Contusion

IN! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. SoulGarageOH

Rizzo - Tough and Tender

Some definite correlations between Grease Rizzo and Bike Rizzo. grease Rizzo thought she was prego and I didn't think bike Rizzo would cross the finish line. Thankfully I had a day longer than I thought I did and Bike Rizzo crossed, and Grease Rizzo was NOT pregnant after all. Here she is on...
  18. SoulGarageOH

Rizzo - Tough and Tender

The frame is a 53 CWC. The other parts are things pulled out of the spare parts bin. I told my daughter I'd put this one together for her and told her it was from the 50's, and she said ," oooooo, like Grease." I didn't want to call it Grease Lightning, but that's what I'm going for. Sent...
  19. SoulGarageOH

1964 Scwhinn ( Panther ? )

I picked up a Schwinn and the serial number dates it in 64. It has a Panther chain guard, but the panther is not included in the 1964 or the 1965 catalog... Hmmm. Fishy, eh? What were the production dates of the Panther? It also, doesn't have Roman numerals after "panther" Sent from my iPhone...
Back