Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Shelby Airflo, sculpted parts, garage build

Thanks, everyone! It was a labor of love. Finally found a chain that fits and took it for a spin last night. Rides great!
  2. J

All done!
  3. J

1953 NSU Quick52 Moped Electric conversion

Thanks! I was able to retrofit a band brake to the disc mount on the Mxus. I just couldn't find any place to mount the caliper for the disc brakes so went with band brakes instead. Cheap, and better than just regen, i hope. So for brakes i have a rebonded Worksman front drum + rear band...
  4. J

Thanks for the kind replies! Just wanted my very own Airflo! :) I don't think i can sell kits though as #1 they are not perfect and purists would balk, and #2 i am located in the Philippines so shipping would be too expensive.
  5. J

Thanks for the kind replies! Just wanted my very own Airflo! :)
  6. J

Hi! The Shelby Airflo is just plain beautiful. I love the lines and curves and i've always wanted one. So i jumped on the chance when a cheap frame and fork came up on ebay. One of the awesome members here remarked that i would have to fork out a LOT of cash to complete this project. That...
  7. J

1953 NSU Quick52 Moped Electric conversion

Hi! I acquired a 1953 NSU Quick52 Moped without an engine in a trade (accepted it as a trade for a hawthorne/rollfast "zep" tank for it). At first i was a bit hesitant about the trade, thinking there was no way i could find/afford the correct engine parts and do a proper restoration. But then...
  8. J

Show off your Chrome frame bike!

Here's my restored Spacliner.
  9. J

BSA Paratrooper replica

Very nice! What size wheels do you have on there? Were they the same as on the original?
  10. J

Caridad (1st build) Please be gentle ;-)

Ah in that case maybe the seat is fine where it is. I can't get comfortable with the racer crouch as well. The lowest i can do is handlebars level with the seat.
  11. J

Another Tribute 1919 Indian

Hi all. Always wanted an Indian, alas they are just beyond my budget. So I decided to build a replica / tribute bike. base bike is an Apollo badged double bar 28" roadster. Fabricated the tank, truss rods and modified the front fender. Headbadge i got here from axelpul. Headlight is a...
  12. J

Caridad (1st build) Please be gentle ;-)

Hi! I'm from the Philippines too. :) You could be experiencing back pain also due to your seat being too low. If you want to keep it that low, try moving it back by using a laid back seat post or lucky 7 style post.
  13. J

Japanese Truss Frame Ratrod

Thanks! It's got 700 x 38c tires, aluminium rims. Its slow with a 20:40T gear ratio, but it rides really smooth.
  14. J

Truss / Arch frame bikes

Japanese Mister Cycle truss frame
  15. J

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Japanese Mister Cycle Truss frame
  16. J

Japanese Truss Frame Ratrod

Hi all. I got this is a Japanese "Mister Cycle" branded 28" truss frame still commonly found around here. I got the frame as an extra freebie during a trade. What i really like about the Mr.Cycle truss frames are the really cool truss rods. Here is an OG paint example from the 1950s...
  17. J

Motobike Racer...parts bin project

Hey cool, I'll look into that! How do i access the elastomers? New to the newer bike parts. I just had the seat stay crack re-welded and inserted a longer seat post.
  18. J

Motobike Racer...parts bin project

Thanks for the very helpful reply! Finished this a while back. and this is how it stands now. It's my best rider yet.
  19. J

Lets see your Daily Driver

New daily rider and smoothest ride ever: 1920s/30s 28" motobike frame (probably a Hawthorne) 700c deep V rims w/ kenda 700x35 creams Bendix 2 speed kickback Brooks B17 possibly 70s/80s suntour roadbike suspension fork w/ front rack.
  20. J

Lets see your Daily Driver

I usually take this to the clinic.
Back