Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. F

attic find

I have a suspicion that the folks think all bikes are Schwinns, so it being any other brand wouldn't surprise me. I'm excited to see what is actually up there.
  2. F

attic find

After i had already bought my Schwinn, my Mother in law says to me, "Oh i wish you'd said something. We have those two bikes up in the garage." I asked if she knew what kind and she said, "Schwinn i think". So today i finally made it over. I couldn't get up into the loft because the car was...
  3. F

Centrix rear wheel/fender

I visited the Columbus Flea Market this morning and found an offer i couldn't refuse. I knew it was old because of the design on the brake arm and "made in Germany" all over it, but i now have to make something of it. I need fenders for my Schwinn and hoped i could retrofit this onto the bike in...
  4. F

RaTornado... Tank fab!

Re: RaTornado This is exactly what i want to do with my bike. What size are the fenders? I'm looking to get a set, but not sure if i should get one size versus another.
  5. F

52 Schwinn project

Could something like this be swapped onto the rear axle to run that chain? http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SCHWINN ... 27d47ab977
  6. F

52 Schwinn project

It crossed my mind, until i saw someone redid a seat in blue jeans and i cringed. I've seen a couple spots online with rear wheels for a skiptooth setup. Is it possible just to get a sprocket and retrofit that to my currrent hub and swap that sweetheart back on there or will i need the entire hub?
  7. F

52 Schwinn project

Yeah, i may end up getting one at some point, but i'm not as much of a rider as i used to be. I'm babystepping this little hobby. I spent the morning scouring leather working and sourcing spots i might buy some. I think it'll be fun to see what i can come up with. I'm just trying to see if i...
  8. F

52 Schwinn project

I've been looking. I'm thinking of molding some leather onto the seat i have or scavenging for a spare at some point to cover in leather to mimic some of the high end seats. I can't see spending $100 on a seat. $20, maybe, but i'd much rather put an extra $20 in a handmade job. Thanks folks. :D
  9. F

52 Schwinn project

I have been learning a lot about these old bikes this last week or so. This morning i loaded my daughter into the Beetle and we headed off to Erlton Bikes in Cherry Hill, NJ which is luckily only 20min away. What they lacked in in-stock items, they were more than efficient with pulling out...
  10. F

52 Schwinn project

another question...how fat can i go if i replace these wheels?
  11. F

52 Schwinn project

This is my current project. Hopefully will be a daily rider for me and my daughter. I wanted a vintage styled cruiser and this 52 Schwinn popped up. Serial number F12812. It's currently on unrestored white S-7 rims. It has on it presently a cloverleaf sprocket and if i'm to believe the seller...
  12. F

Mount Laurel, NJ new member .

HI everyone. Just wanted to post up and introduce. I'm John and i'm on my 2nd of two bikes right now. I've always loved bikes, but really began an interest in the 90s. I tried for a long time to get a Krate back then, with no luck. Eventually i got a Krate knockoff from Toys R Us. It's one of...
Back