Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. jonathan creason

Worksman Frame, fork, and some extras

I’m about 20-30 minutes north of Concord if things do ease up anytime soon
  2. jonathan creason

Worksman Frame, fork, and some extras

I bought this frame on here several years ago with the intention of building a klunker. Never found one of those round-tuit‘s, and don’t see myself getting it done anytime soon. Frame was stripped down and has a forced patina, but no pitting. Also have a set of bear trap pedals to go along...
  3. jonathan creason

ROS9 SS Build

Me likey.
  4. jonathan creason

Rocky Mountain in the Raw or MAD MAX

Good looking bike! I like the geometry on that one.
  5. jonathan creason

YETI A.R.C.

Wow, that's a cool ride!
  6. jonathan creason

Adding more gears......is it possible?

Aluminum frames are nice and light, but can be tooth jarring. No biggie, though. Ride it like you stole it, and if you really like being a roadie you can upgrade in the future. Enjoy!
  7. jonathan creason

Adding more gears......is it possible?

This is probably your best bet. If you're wanting to ride for a couple of hours fit is going to be very important and I don't think either of those are going to be very comfortable for you. You'd probably do better with something in the 56-57cm range.
  8. jonathan creason

2011 red line monocog (urban assault bike)

Very cool ride. Those 'cogs are great, aren't they?
  9. jonathan creason

(ORBO) BMX/MTB/BOMBER/KLUNKER BO .....VOTING FINISHED!......

I'm in, but like Tom Petty says "the waiting is the hardest part."
  10. jonathan creason

Gravity G29 Single Speed MTB

You'll like that one a lot. I have a Monocog 29er, too, it's like a 2 wheeled monster truck, but was looking very seriously at the Gravity before I got it. I probably would have bought the G29 if it weren't for family getting me a lot of gift certificates to a local shop that carries the...
  11. jonathan creason

Schwinn Homegrown

Feces occurs
  12. jonathan creason

Can't decide which way to go with this one

I've done a poor job with keeping up with this build, but I'm about ready to call it done. Ended up bobbing the rear fender, adding a layback post, and swapping out the saddle for a Person. This is going to be a Christmas gift for my dad, so I finished with hours to spare. Argh, photobucket...
  13. jonathan creason

ELITISM IN RAT ROD BIKE COMMUNITY?

There's an old saying among meat head gym-rats.... "somewhere, there's a 12 year old Chinese girl warming up with your max."
  14. jonathan creason

ELITISM IN RAT ROD BIKE COMMUNITY?

I've only been here a short time, but I think by and large most of the folks on this site are helpful and respectful. Any critiques I've seen have been constructive. Sure some people are more helpful than others, but we all have different natures. While we may have a common hobby, we're still...
  15. jonathan creason

Little help from the Schwinn Guru's

Good catch, I didn't even notice the cranks. Gonna have to mull this one over a little.
  16. jonathan creason

Little help from the Schwinn Guru's

This one is listed local to me for $60. It's interesting to me, but I don't know if I have $60 worth of interest in it. The frame looks like a Suburban to me, but the bars don't match. Almost looks like someone klunked out an old lightweight, but I'm not sure. You guys think it's worth it?
  17. jonathan creason

Checker Pig?

Thanks for the info guys. I first got interested in MTB's in the 90's, so that era has a lot of nostalgia for me. I may hold off on this one, though and see if something different comes along.
  18. jonathan creason

Checker Pig?

A CPX 3040 has popped up for sale locally, and it looks interesting. But I'm unable to find very much info online about them, at least in English. Best I can tell they seem to be quality bikes, but I'm not sure they have much collectors value.
  19. jonathan creason

Elgin Offroad: Klunked Out BMX Hybrid

Ooooohhhh...... shiney.......
Back