Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Rust2Rods

Rust2Rods Schwinn VW Tribute Bike

Thanks! The ones on the Green Pan are indeed VW logo'ed smoothies. Just Early style. They look different than the late style.
  2. Rust2Rods

Rust2Rods Schwinn VW Tribute Bike - Completed

Well the last of the parts came in, I did the final assembly. New chain, pedals, got the seat installed, shortened the chain by 4 links and took it for a ride shortly after shooting the photos. Did a quick 5 mile trip to the Lake Michigan Beach near my home through a county park called Grant...
  3. Rust2Rods

Well the rest of the parts came in, I did the final assembly. New chain, pedals, got the seat installed, shortened the chain by 4 links and took it for a ride shortly after shooting the photos. Did a quick 5 mile trip to the Lake Michigan Beach near my home through a county park called Grant...
  4. Rust2Rods

So last night after work, I had decided to stop at a couple LBS's after work. The 1st one is in Tosa not far from where wi Work. I had found the shop listed here on RRB under "rat friendly" shops. I stopped in, asked the guy for crusier parts...sure enough he walks out front with 3 sets of...
  5. Rust2Rods

Thanks, I am not putting the flower or the embelem on mine, that's another persons build. I am just going for more of a color matching theme on mine...
  6. Rust2Rods

So the black banana seat came and the sissy bar had arrived in the mail. While I was getting that stuff ready, there was a kickstand on the bike when I got it. I decided to wire brush it and powder coat it black. Here's some shots of that process... Wire wheel off all the crud and rust. And you...
  7. Rust2Rods

Thanks! I think it's coming around.... Won't be long until it's finished. Seems that it takes longer to wait for the parts than anything else.... :roll:
  8. Rust2Rods

Here's a shot of the detail of the VW Beetle that I am building... This is just the chassis and the suspension. It has air ride suspension that I fabricated into the car on all 4 corners. A shot of the front of the chassis when completely aired out... (it's low....) And this is what I...
  9. Rust2Rods

No worries, you had me going for a bit though! LOL I did check everything twice after you posted that. Yeah, I just got the Banana seat and sissy bar in the mail today. I was going to put it on there and take some photos... I am thinking plan "B" as well but we shall see!
  10. Rust2Rods

I am kind of partial to it as well since I am building a car with the same exact color scheme... Thanks!
  11. Rust2Rods

The front fender has some movement yet. And you are correct. That is on my list of things to do once I make the bracket to support the front fender, I should be able to kick it forward to match the rear...great eye though! Thanks for the compliments!
  12. Rust2Rods

Little more internet shopping online today... I remember years ago in my youth going into the stores having to order this stuff from a catalog before the internet... this is so much easier now... Here's the plan "B" seat... Then I ordered up a shiny new chrome chain.... And I scored this...
  13. Rust2Rods

Thanks for the help but they are showing up. I have several journals on different websites that use this format. Chances are your behind a firewall blocking google's picasa (where I host my photos) or some other interwebs issue going on. (I also do computer support and web design) ;)
  14. Rust2Rods

After talking to some people, I have decided to toss this build into the traditional build off... Wish me luck on this one...
  15. Rust2Rods

I have been waiting for some more parts to come in the mail. I got home from work today and there was the tires and inner tubes I had ordered before the 4th. I slapped them on the rims, put the new slicks on and bolted the fenders in place. I am going to make the brackets to hold it to the rear...
  16. Rust2Rods

While working on the beetle's body, I will take a little break and do some work on the bike...just to break things up. Well while I was waiting, the crank sprocket had some gouges in it and a lot of peeled chrome and rust. I decided to powder coat it gloss black. Cleaned it, wire wheeled it, put...
  17. Rust2Rods

I had started building this bike as a tribute to my 67 VW beetle on air ride. I didn't plan on entering it into the build off, but after talking to some people they suggested I toss it into the mix. The bike is themed after the cars color scheme. The plan for this is to have the bike at the car...
  18. Rust2Rods

junknutz1975 - Thanks man, Never thought of covering it in a vw material. I do know in the car I was going to go with a Butterscotch colored interior. Hmm... More thoughts... deven_science - I didn't even know that stuff existed! Great Eye...I will have to keep that one one in mind! BTW, love...
  19. Rust2Rods

Been waiting for some more parts to come in the mail. Got home from work today and there was the tires and inner tubes I had ordered before the 4th. I slapped them on the rims (after removing the cellophane tires :lol: ). Put the new slicks on and bolted the fenders in place. I am going to make...
  20. Rust2Rods

Thanks for all the positive feedback! I will be sure to keep the build up to date.... Stay Tuned!
Back