Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. FlordiaRust

Traded Schwinn for Hiawatha Silver Chief

Today I was enjoying my ride on my bike a local Bike shop owner stopped me and so I followed him to the shop to check the place out. In the front window was this clean looking girls bike and odd looking front hub. For some reason I was drawn to the bike. He asked me if I wanted a even trade and...
  2. FlordiaRust

My 1948 Autocycle and 1957 FireFlyte

A couple weeks ago I got a call from my neighbor saying he picked up my family stuff I asked if he would. So I got my very first handmedown bike I rode as a kid and stenciled in the chainguard the words that was there. Now getting it back I'm in shock I rode a Autocycle growing up in the 90s. My...
  3. FlordiaRust

spitfire bike?

Was at a car show today and one of my friends snuck this in the back of my trunk. I never seen this type of Schwinn headbadge and been awhile since I been in bikes.
  4. FlordiaRust

1931 Firestone Cruiser

My neighbor hidden this bike away years ago, its all original but missing the front light but it is in awesome shape! The gentlmen is in his 90's and bout it when he was 10 for paper routes. I paid 200 for it, So im extremely happy...
  5. FlordiaRust

Road bike freebie..

I got this strange Road bike and never seen one built this way. All I know it say GMB 12 speed Deluxe. I took it to the bike shop and they told me the parts were more than the bike and someone had a deep pocket. I don't know anything bout these evil machines. So can someone explain me what I have?
  6. FlordiaRust

Freebies/Parts bike

I picked these up from a guy that was going to scrap them. One is a ESPN X-Games Team Issue BMX bike. A GMB road bike with a S.R 555 derailleur? And after market parts I think wrote them down (SRAM Quarq RIKEN Crank, Huret stem shifter and on the hubs reads Mavic Ksyrium?) Explain to me road...
  7. FlordiaRust

JetFlow ID/Year

Vin is Mosu SB 3502454 M 216803 More I look at it I cant figure it out but Guessing a 1956 JC Higgins JetFlow by Murray or SB (Shelby?) Idk
  8. FlordiaRust

Jc Higgins Jetflow?

I got this bike for free any info on it? Serial made it to be a 1956 Model all I know.Needs Rack,tank and fenders
  9. FlordiaRust

1968 Sears Spyder 500 5 speed rat/hot

Started work on this 5 speed bike and its starting out quiet well so far. From this... With the old nanner seat I did something out of my way, I threw the 60's and 70's in and yes I mean I went there on this nanner and Shagged it out! :rofl: Did a experiment with this hammered silver paint by...
  10. FlordiaRust

Surprised find after being Discharged

Well its been 2 and half weeks being in Great Lakes finally got discharged from SEPS. And came home to find these odd pair of muscle bikes some scrapper threw over in my to do bike pile with a note of -Retirement Fund: Thank you for Serving- All I know is one is a Sears 5 speed with dual brake...
  11. FlordiaRust

Mark II Scores!

A neighbor of mine dropped by with 2 bicycles today wanting to trade my 1929 leather sewing machine for these 2 bikes and my jaw hit the ground. Shook hands and took the vins down and found out the Blue one is a 1956 and the green a 1957 and whats weirder is they have Brother vins on them! Never...
  12. FlordiaRust

Bagdad Score

Well went over to a friends house last night and got to talking. We decided to pass along his collection of bikes. So loaded up my 3 wheeler with a workman Star lite, shaft drive kids bike and western flyer sonic flyer and a Huffy good vibrations.
  13. FlordiaRust

Seized bolts or rusted welded bolts solution found

So for the folk on here I know that have a access to blow torches and hot guns. Might not consider this ''right'' but since im leaving next month for bootcamp, Ill spill one of my secrets of getting the bolts off easy. Due to the facts you can always buy, savage or have on hand bolts. I been...
  14. FlordiaRust

Recumbent bike trade

Well traded some small cast nets for this monster. First time ever having one or riding. So if you could folks tell me what I have here cause the story is one it is that this gentlemen has a patent on these styles in Milton, Fl and been building since early 1970's
  15. FlordiaRust

Cursed Walley bike (Ms. Fester)

Well I got this bike 9 year ago and sold it at that time. I did a lot of mechanical work under the ''frame'' and threw away the crappy wally parts that usually break and stuff. Its parts include Ross, Sear, All Pro and Hiawatha and this little gal I see been from one side of Florida to the other...
  16. FlordiaRust

Suicide shifter discussional ''idea''

So most of us know how suicide shifter front fork work. But has anyone tried to play around with the idea of a sturmey archer 3 speed with coaster brake for the front or a 2 speed bendex ? I just got a 1952 Bendex single on the front s-7. Work fine but just wondering...
  17. FlordiaRust

Homesick Schwinn

Well just sold this 1958 Schwinn mutt to a friend of mine with my Lowrider bike and end up making a Pig bike out of it... He got tired of it after 2 days and told me I could have it back.So looks like someone wasted there money but atleast had enjoyment for 2 days.(And yes I asked if he wanted...
  18. FlordiaRust

Raleigh (CPR)

Well getting this bike in, I finally got the boiled linseed oil to put on the entire frame and soak the paint. A lot of folks just throw waxes or compounds on old bikes not knowing the harm it does by the old paint is fragile and dried out. All paints have to be conditioned and such and this one...
  19. FlordiaRust

Raleigh bike

Well today I saved this bicycle from being in its resting place as a Lawn décor. My neighbor had this sitting for over 10 years and today FINALLY had a yard sale. And I inquired about the bike and settled of 75 dollars. Idk if what it is worth but it has Rod brakes and a 3 speed sturmey. Also...
  20. FlordiaRust

Schwinn evolution ( Cor'ado)

Well I did a simple build being bored out of my mine. I had a 57 Corvette (girls) 58 Tornado (girls) 58 Hollywood (girls) frames and 1 Schwinn Hevi Duti frame- fork hanging around the back woods... I had a idea to combine all the Schwinn pieces together as of how cataloged it as 1) Corvette- (...
Back