Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. W

Nirve Cannibal

Unfortunately these are the only two pics I have of this bike. Hopefully I'll be able to get better ones when the woman I built it for gets back into town. It's a Nirve Cannibal frame with shortened forks, 24x3 rear, 26x2.125 front, textured satin black and flat bronze powder coat. The seat has...
  2. W

Wooden Grips?

Does anyone know who makes these particular wooden grips? I believe Rivendell Bicycle Works used to sell them but if they did they're no longer on their site. I emailed them but haven't heard back yet. Thanks.
  3. W

24" white wall tires?

I'm looking for some 24" white wall tires, I'm currently running 24x3 Thick Bricks on my copper chopper but I'm building a bike for a friend and she wants them to be a bit less bulky or "balloony :lol: " I'm looking for something besides the standard run of the mill tire you'd find at Walmart...
  4. W

Stitch -aka (Spaceliner Newbie) Done- Another Lesson Learned

I may have overlooked it, but what paint and or technique did you use for the copper paint? The bike looks great...everything ties together, innovative and very tastefully done.
  5. W

Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

I just put some 26x3.5 Sunlite Crushers on...those combined with the 20t rear cog and lean back seat post makes for a really smooth ride on pavement. It actually moves along quite a bit better than I thought it would, that also has a lot to do with the smaller overall diameter of the Crushers as...
  6. W

Got my lean back post today and put it on as soon as I got home :D
  7. W

SLOWRIDERZ "BEAST" LAYBACK SEAT POST

Got my post in today, it's the same angle as Steve's but just a bit longer in length after the bend. Thanks Chad.
  8. W

Lookin' good...what saddle are you using and do you have any side shots?
  9. W

You need to get some 2x2x2 decals made up. Use those instead of the 4x4x4. 2 wheels, 2 pedals, 2 legs :lol:
  10. W

Thanks for the compliments. It's actually a color shifting paint, it shifts from deep blue, purple and a deep red. I used dupli-color adhesion promoter, a black base coat (which is needed to create the "shifting" effect) the actual color and then a couple coats of clear. I guess I should try to...
  11. W

Here are a couple photos in the sun. I'm going to have a friend of mine snap some better photos with his camera, as these were taken with my phone.
  12. W

I tore down my Beast and painted it...it's a color changing metallic paint that changes from a deep blue, red and purple. I also left the slightest hint of the factory green showing through the black base coat so there's a slight green at certain angles as well. I'll snap some more photos when...
  13. W

Copper Nirve Tension Build Pics

I found the pics I thought I had lost from this build so I figured I'd post them in order of progression. The frame is a Nirve Tension. I found it a couple yrs ago and picked it up for $40, it was in pretty bad shape but it cleaned up somewhat well and I rode it around like that for a while...of...
  14. W

I just put on a 20 tooth without any issues or modifications. Makes a world of difference. I live in Key West so there aren't any hills or inclines, so the 36/20 is the perfect combination for me.
  15. W

Do you by any chance know what the diameter of the seat post is?
  16. W

"Copp Out" Chopper

Thank you, I would love to say I photographed it...but alas I did not. A good friend of mine in Key West did. Nick Doll of Nick Doll photography. Basically anyone that wants anything from weddings, to restaurants wanting pics of their cuisine, to cars and everything in between he's the guy to...
  17. W

"Copp Out" Chopper

You can't really see the details of the powdercoat in these pics. It's called Copper Vein and then there is a clear that's called Amber Illusion over it. Basically it has a slight copper and green metallic flake, it changes between the different flake depending on which way the light is hitting...
  18. W

"Copp Out" Chopper

They were taken at Smather's Beach in Key West, FL about 2 weeks ago
Back