Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. bbender785

Decided to upgrade my MTB TO 29ER

you got it. here's a pretty interesting quote from Rick Vosper, Director at Airborne Bicycle: "Airborne has its own staff, financials, budgets, etc etc. The most important thing we get from Huffy (besides seed money, of course) is stuff like warehousing and accounting services. Other than...
  2. bbender785

a 69er! yeah i've read about 30lb too. i am planning on upgrading my wheels, going tubeless, and upgrading my fork over the winter.. hoping to be in the 25lb range next year.
  3. bbender785

i would say they are right on par with those brands, they just do it at a lower pricepoint. my main riding buddy rides a Trek that has an identical spec, but with the next better front shock offering from Rockshox.. but it's a $1050 bike.
  4. bbender785

it's not a subsidiary so much as they just use Huffy's shipping and buying power.. there is absolutely nothing "huffy" about the actual bike.
  5. bbender785

post trike pictures

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/show-me-your-trikes.25890/ http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/custom-trikes.68962/
  6. bbender785

so how are you loving it? i am on my second season with my Guardian 1.0.... for the money you cannot come close to what it is. except for the fork and front derailleur (which they fixed on the 2.0), i love it.
  7. bbender785

'55 or '56 Schwinn.. any way to verify which?

interesting. here's a closeup:
  8. bbender785

how bout traditional hot rod bikes?

just the way i like them.
  9. bbender785

thanks for the responses. it's actually green paint hiding under the hasty red rattle can coating. even the grips are green. probably going to keep the finish "ratty", but i'm going to see how far through the red i can get with some sanding over the winter.
  10. bbender785

latest score comes back as a '55 or '56.. is there a way to tell for sure, as well as what the model name is? ..."that fork though," right? :21: that's what i'm saying lol. quite the unit.
  11. bbender785

kick stand for top-heavy bike?

haha. i'm 6'3".. they're much more comfortable than they look actually!
  12. bbender785

how bout traditional hot rod bikes?

i'll have to get a good full picture of the bike but here are some close-ups of the flames i did on the chain guard and tank: did the base coat in flat black, put down some painters masking tape, drew the flames by hand with a pen on the tape, cut them out with a hobby knife, and then laid...
  13. bbender785

Before & After Pics

not a whole lot of time or parts but it didn't need much IMO:
  14. bbender785

Hello from Detroit!

greetings from the MI west coast.
  15. bbender785

55/56 schwinn, homebrew fork

so picked up what turns out to be a 55 or 56 chicago schwinn from the local auction for less than $20. has what i assume is some sort of homebrew fork on it, a combination of two forks. not sure what direction i'm going to go with it just yet, but have a couple ideas (with or without this...
  16. bbender785

Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

updated the front end:
Back