Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. chattymatty

Electra Stream Ride seat and tassel grips

harp used Electra Stream Ride flamed leather saddle and matching leather streamer grips. Pics tell the story. $75 shipped domestic.
  2. chattymatty

Shimano Nexus 8-speed 26" wheelset SOLD

Very lightly used 26" wheelset: stainless steel spokes with alloy front hub and Shimano 8-speed roller-brake rear hub COMPLETE with roller brake, locator washers for Schwinn cruiser frames, left/front brake lever and integrated shifter/rear brake lever with all cables, ends/hardware, etc. etc...
  3. chattymatty

Schwinn ladies tank w/horn SOLD

My old man picked this up for a build a couple years ago, I believe it was NOS at the time. I assume it's original Schwinn but I can't be certain (why would someone repop a women's tank considering the small size of that market?) The horn unit is new reproduction and works great. $60 shipped...
  4. chattymatty

1986 Laguna California Special F/F

1986 Laguna California Special 26" frame. The Akisu version of Laguna's famous cruiser. Pics tell most of the story. Known Issues: Frame appears to have been repaired at the BB with brass brazing... looks plenty storng though you might want to file it a little smoother for looks. Hole in...
  5. chattymatty

1981 King Sting 5 -SOLD-

1981 King Sting 5. 100% OG paint and decals- plenty of patina, but the decals are nice and dark with no fading, just some checking with age. Had a water bottle cage, plenty of chain slap, chips where the kick stand was mounted, bla bla bla . Just a nice used frame for your starting point that's...
  6. chattymatty

1 1/8 threadless headsets machined for your old frame

That's right kiddies, these are still on the menu. And yes, these will adapt that threadless fork to your old school threaded headtube (standard BMX/ballon tire sizing anyway, not for roadie sets). TASTE THE RAINBOW! RED-BLUE-GOLD-BLACK-SILVER. These are a no-name/non-logo Asian import, but...
  7. chattymatty

Custom made bar extensions- NOW UP TO 2" per side!

6061 Aluminum extensions up to 1" per side, custom sizing available, will come sized for .740 ID cromo bars unless you specify otherwise, but pretty much anything is on the menu. REMOVABLE design available for lengths UP TO 1" per side. Stainless steel hardware won't rust and can be transplanted...
  8. chattymatty

Anyone stumbled across one of these? Laguna California Special?

Or a sister bike? The frame definitely appears identical to the imported California Special circa 1986, but those frames I've been able to track down had a solid gusset instead of the more typical Akisu three-hole design (also seen on Hanters, Schwinn Thrashers etc.). Also it was originally...
  9. chattymatty

2016 Santa Barbara Fiesta/King of the Cruisers ride- extra beds -

So got my my hotel reservation all squared away for the Fiesta ride and Rex's show for the night of Saturday August 6th (planning to drive home Sunday evening) and have some extra room if anyone was on the fence and needed an excuse to drive a little farther than you might. Supposed to quite the...
  10. chattymatty

Custom Thomson bar ends (black)

What's that? Thomson doesn't make bar ends? Why yes, you are correct... but I do. Turned down form brand new stem caps, These are the perfect match to that Thomson cockpit. These are sized for standard 4130 bars (with a centering step about 1mm tall), but I can reduce them for aluminum bars by...
  11. chattymatty

Custom length bar extensions- up to 3" (total)

Custom machined bar ends/extensions for your bars. Up to 3/4" total extension per side. Can be sized down to fit thick walled aluminum bars by request. $20 for the first pair, $15 for each additional on the same order. 7/8" OD means they are invisible beaneath closed end grips and completely...
  12. chattymatty

(ORBO) Rock Soup...

A little of this, a little of that goes int the pot, and what comes out the other end you hope is tasty. The inputs- '39 Schwinn to donate it's rear triangle, a bunch of 4130 tubing, a Mosso alloy 29er fork, a bunch of bits and bops from Nova Cycles to complete the frame, a '96 Homegrown to...
  13. chattymatty

Couldn't wait till winter- 1939 DX build

Just couldn't take it anymore... was holding on to this frame to do an ultra traditional Klunker build, but seeing it sitting there on the wall for over a year while I gathered parts and got sidetracked to other projects just made me sad, so it was time for it to go under the torch. Before-...
  14. chattymatty

(WBO) Thor's Twins '48 DX x2

So now that I got dad's bike posted to light a fire under his butt, time to do the same for me. Here's what I'm stating with, matching 1948 Schwinn DX's. A lot of noise in the pic from the other frames, but I didn't grab individual pics before starting to clean them up. Why two at once? Well...
  15. chattymatty

(WBO) Raspberry Ice- '41 Excelsior DX

Traded my old man this '41 DX frame for a headbadge (who got the better end of that deal I don't know...) figured the build might as well go up here.
  16. chattymatty

'86 Jamis Boss "Double Phat"

The stating point, a 1986 Jamis Boss: The Phat theme's pretty obvious when you ponder that 1 1/4" top tube, the double part, well you'll see. Machine Age Victim raised the bar pretty high on his build...
  17. chattymatty

Weekend grail scores...

Three pre-war and three just after (haven't measured but I think they're all fat tubes) including front and center, a '39 DX. The Huffy I picked up at the second hand bike shop on the way home for half the cost of the snakebellies.
  18. chattymatty

Lowey Speedster (world's slowest build thread)

There's no way that I'd have the patience to wait for the next BO to start his project, and/or won't have the funds to collect the parts to finish it this summer, so it goes here all by it's lonesome. So. While I may bleed Ford blue (I build Cammer's as my day job), in my heart I'm a Studebaker...
  19. chattymatty

La Esperanza

Ok, so I won't pretend to be anywhere near as creative with the story lines as you guys, but here goes. This build will be in honor of my old man, who has helped me immeasurably over the years, as dads do, and will be more or less as a replica of the bike he gave me when I graduated from 6th...
Back