Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. HuffDaddy

WTB: J.C. Higgins JET FLOW Horn Tank

I looking for a JET FLOW horn tank with the original paint. Doesn't have to be prefect, my bike isn't. Anyone have one they are willing to part with, sell? Let me know. Thanks.
  2. HuffDaddy

RRBBO13 no.13

I'm exceeded to build a bike this year. My main goal is to use parts I already have and to finish it by August 6th! The name for my bike is no.13, but the theme is going to have something to do with Hot Rods. I'll figure that out as I go. Here's the frame I'm going to use. I'm hoping I can...
  3. HuffDaddy

WTB - 26" FAT FRANK tire

I have an older style 26"x2.35 Fat Frank tire. The letters are a little taller than the current style, they are 5/16" tall. Does anyone have one that they would sell?
  4. HuffDaddy

mr higgins_no.11

I really want to build a bike for this years rrbo no.11. Work is going to be crazy busy this summer, but I'm going to go for anyways. I'm going to start with this headlight.
  5. HuffDaddy

Mostly Wood Bike

I saw this bike at the LA Auto Show Last month. It was in the Volvo booth Check it out! It looks a little heavy, but there are some clever details on it.
  6. HuffDaddy

Cafe Racer

Here's my entry.
  7. HuffDaddy

BO-X Cafe Racer

Here it is.
  8. HuffDaddy

BO-X Cafe Racer

I'm in! My theme is going to be a Café Racer. I want to keep it simple, "Less is More". I'm planning on keeping the original paint, as is. I have some ideas on how to deal with the surface rust, or not. I'm going to use this frame I bought here off of TuckTuck. And I'm thinking this fork that I...
  9. HuffDaddy

Lucky Lady

Well, I'm sticking with my plans to build a Hot Rod girl's bike for my wife. The bike's a Sears bike, built by Monack for JC Higgins. Her name is going to be Lucky Lady! I'm going to start by stripping the frame and fenders. I'm considering clear coating the bare steel.
  10. HuffDaddy

Want to know more about the Identify of this JC Higgins girl bike?

It has a JC Higgins head badge, that's why I believe it is a JC Higgins bicycle. Other than the fender brackets that run parallel with the chain-guard, which I don't have, it doesn't have the frame or crank sprocket that I usually see on JC Higgins bikes. Does anyone know how to identify what...
  11. HuffDaddy

Detroit Autorama's 1st Custom Bike Winner

I've been meaning to share this with you guys since I signed up almost a year ago. This crazy cool bike was at the Detroit Autorama in 2012. It's debut was at the Detroit Autorama in 1967 and won 1st place for Custom Bike. Check it out.
  12. HuffDaddy

BOSS Sting-Ray

I'm in! My inspiration is coming from Ford Muscle cars and traditional old school stuff I like. I started cutting up the frames last night. I enlarged this to full size. Somewhere in here is a cool Muscle Bike!
  13. HuffDaddy

'61 Columbia Newspaper Boy Bike

I bought a bike off Craigslist yesterday. The guy said it was a 1961 Columbia. I really like the frame and the fenders. I need to find out what the head badge would have looked like for this bike. And get an ad or picture of an orignal one so I can get a better idea of what the graphics on the...
  14. HuffDaddy

PinStriped Bike

I saw this old Schwinn bike at a Hot Rod show last month. It belonged to the guy striping cars at the show. I thought the pin-striping on the seat was pretty cool! Check it out.
  15. HuffDaddy

Mooneyes Shop Bike

Here it is, my Mooneyes Shop Bike. I started w/ this 1952 Straight Bar Schwinn frame. I took a ride into town where I live. Here's some shots along the way.
  16. HuffDaddy

Rim Strips

I just bought a set of new wheels for my RRBBO project. They're a double wall style, do I need rim strips? What do you think?
  17. HuffDaddy

Mooneyes Shop Bike (finished)

I have a Dyna/GT Mooneyes Cruiser that's like new and a Lil Indian minibike that I painted to match. I'm into traditional Hot Rods and anything Mooneyes. So my theme will be to build a bike with traditional Hot Rodding in mind and have a Mooneyes look to it. I want to try to stick to using parts...
  18. HuffDaddy

Recognize this frame?

A friend of mine gave me this frame several years ago. I'm thinking about using it for a build, maybe the RRBBO #8. I have no idea what brand it is, what do you guys think it is? Here's some photos of it. Thanks for any help, in idenifying this frame!
  19. HuffDaddy

Detroit Autorama pics.

There were some pretty cool bicycle at this years Autorama in the basement.Here's some photos of them.
  20. HuffDaddy

Yard Art

I found this little bike upnorth at a resale/antique shop. I had to have it. I love the way it looks as part of the landscaping. Anybody know what kind it is?
Back