Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

A few of my SS MTBs

It is a very good base for a quick, XC SS. Light, nimble & the suspension is so minimal that it does not suffer much from pedal-induced bobbage; very important if you intend to pedal up any decent hill. I found it too twitchy for me on the downhills though, having gotten very accustomed to the...
  2. S

Might not really qualify...

At 49 I have a few small projects I started at 15 or so... Longest-smoldering/simmering bike project is probably the Schwinn cruiser frame I built up for myself in the EARLY 80's, gave to my dad soon thereafter, then it got stolen, then I spotted a local tweakthief sporting it down the street...
  3. S

What does my daughter need to make her cool?

Isn't it a law of physics that parents cannot really know what is *cool* by their off springs' standards? I mean, once you think you know, that makes it uncool, right? :mrgreen: That bike is so cool that it would totally defy this rule if it is indeed a rule
  4. S

20" 1960s Rollfast rat build for my son

It could be the 2 1/2 Pacificos, but I was fooled. Very nice proportions, sweet color combo. I vote *HUUUGE* cool dad points. 8)
  5. S

Well, thank you- that is something I really appreciate here, the lack of snobbery. :mrgreen: I will post progress pics- might be slow, this is very much a back-burner thing.
  6. S

...but I'm hoping y'all will dig the paint. Primed- my 05 Gemini 900 frame: -and a bit of the man-cave/garage. 8)
  7. S

Who am I ?

Well, show! And welcome. :mrgreen:
  8. S

Saw this on facebook

I have or have had most of those, plus a rat or two. My MTBs all have a touch of rat. I must share garage pics...
  9. S

VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

Thank you sir- I raced the Retro once, right aftervbuying it. Also broke the *beauty stays* as the builder called them- where the seat stays pass the seat tube, got it repaired and had it powder coated to kinda/sorta match my first bike, a purple Stingray. The lower head tube is just slightly...
  10. S

VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

91 Retrotec- rode it for a bit as a SS MTB, then... A 2-sp commuter
  11. S

THANK you all

47 Schwinn- was configured to allow my kids to ride it here, I have since raised the seat a bit.
  12. S

BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

80s GT 26" BMX cruiser, just prior to stripping. Gonna build it up as a SS clunker/MTB for my middle daughter: Edit: 2001 or so GT Bump parts on Vegas frame in background.
  13. S

THANK you all

I have purged a few times, but yeah, it does tend to make one feel ok w/re-stocking as it were... :mrgreen:
  14. S

THANK you all

Hey, I love your single-sided beast!
  15. S

THANK you all

Wifey Rat- 80-something(6?)Rockhopper-turned-farmer's market sled.
  16. S

THANK you all

Here's my middle rat on my dad's old rat
  17. S

THANK you all

70s Raleigh Professional track bike- nearly complete(disregard *hipster* cockpit setup; bar & stem are the most glaring omissions from full resto-able). Very ratty, I think.
  18. S

New from GA

Welcome from a pretty new newb. Id suggest considering a new ride for the college kid- often they aren't as aware of bike theft as us old grizzled veterans- plus the old stuff, as cool as they look, are rarely terribly efficient for actual transport. You are surely a better judge of all these...
  19. S

THANK you all

I posted pics of my current main rides- in *mountain/the other bikes* IIRC, also a couple in *show your _____*... Bear w/my rookie-hood, I think some of you will like my bikes. 8)
Back