Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. feeblington

Raleigh dirt cross on a green tip

just thought i'd share what im working on, an assemblage of spare parts and green paint. not finished im planning on a back rack as the seat...havn't really made a full plan so if anyone has good input or ideas fire away! with my little cat lola dont mind the rubbish as i interupted the...
  2. feeblington

Lets see your backracks/boxes/bike carriers!

heres my bodge of a box :P
  3. feeblington

bottle dynamos

quick Q My old dynamo has teh tread on the wheel worn almost completely off, it working in the dry but the moment the air is damp it slips real bad is there a way to replace/repair ? without replacing the whole bottle
  4. feeblington

To anyone in the south east

Hello all, I was just wondering if there is any rideouts in this area, if not, lets get planning! so any of you lot in the SE lets hear from you
  5. feeblington

is it a clunk or a creak :P

My recently acquired hercucles bike is making an odd noise, ive stopped it twice and its started back again each time after a few days ive narrowed it to the chain, rear wheel and bottom bracket seems that it isnt every pedal revolution but just over the noise is a hard vibration / loud creak...
  6. feeblington

free hercules

sorry about the shockingly bad pic, using phone camera any body got any ideas its got rod breaks and looks like its been repainted black pretty much all i can say, anyone know where i can find a code on it/or just tell me what the heck it is! cheers ppl
  7. feeblington

Its a Raleigh Something!!!!!!

Apart from me looking like a complete tool, this is the only picture ever taken, its sat around 300 miles away from my in my mums hallway, i imagine getting a bit rusty. anybody tell what it is from this piccy? all I remember is the wheels where an odd size it had rod brakes 3 speed sturmey...
  8. feeblington

stuck quill stem bet you all heard this!

got the bolt out and the wedge is NOT jammed inside, managed to get the lockring and cone unjammed from it too......but the stem is immobile STILL soaked it in greasy grease but its not having it. ive tryed claming the forks and turnin the bars (didnt wanna go 2 far they were on the verge of a...
  9. feeblington

huffy rockslide info

picked this up just wondering if its worth much or is any good? anybody have a clue about huffys
  10. feeblington

Old Pedals - anybody know what they are?

got give an old custom made racer - lightened raleigh cro-mo frame, biopace chainset, campagnola +suntour wheels..........and these pedals no idea what they are, theres a very faint logo on the end of them both (picture 2) anybody know? i might just leave em rusty :P
  11. feeblington

1904 - 1907 BSA ? help guys

was my mums old bike she used to do school runs with me on the back :P that was in 1990 she found it 40 years previous to that dumped on a road and then in 2002 got left in the garden for 2 weeks in the rain and that was that, the rear wheel has completely disolved into the ground. just...
  12. feeblington

paint stripping - help me out guys!

RIGHT - ive got steel wool, many types of sandpaper and emery cloth etc but no paint stripper or anything close the thing im tryin to strip has been painted with these > - crap - i like and - crap what i ask is whats the easiest way to strip down that paint, i've spent a few hours...
  13. feeblington

1980 BMX what is it?!

had this for a while now first thought it was a knock of 1984 raleigh burner then thought it was a 1982 fuji MX-500 now i have no idea and the seat clamp is welded to the frame its got 4 holes in the front fork stays a tab for chain guards on BB and seat stay a looptail and a indented...
  14. feeblington

Just picked up an old Hawk Cycles folding bike - HELP

just got that for free - got more rust than chrome but ive had a tinker and alot of it will come off (except the dark parts) just wondering - does anyone know of "hawk cycles" this is the first I heard of 'em and cant find this bike on the net - I wanna no what it is whether to chop it up or...
  15. feeblington

Bullet style front light

thats my old 84' burner, tried being arty with the pic and failed but anyone know where I can pick up the shell of a BIG old front bullet light like that but bigger? maybe like 10cm diameter cheeers guys! im in east sussex if you know somewhere local!
  16. feeblington

New to this - a little help!

Ignoring the stupid face on the bike thats my old raleigh, sinse this the front tyre has basicly disolved and the markings are gone - meaning I have no idea of wheel size, ive tried 700c and 27" but that aside...Any thoughts on what I could turn this baby into? i was thinking somethnig with a...
  17. feeblington

helpin a newb out!

Hey people, I'd like to start by sayin that i'm not new to customizing bikes and all that lark! but have never tried to build a ratrod - although have been extremely interested - just wondering if anyone could give me any starting points!! im on a complete budget but have a surplus of many old...
  18. feeblington

Newbeee

Though I'd start with a few pics! as I am completely obsessed with every type of bike. Born and bred in Cardiff, Wales. Now living in Brighton Bringing the Welsh crazyness to England :P (I get funny looks for giving my Partner a lift on the back with stunt pegs here!) This is a Random one i've...
Back