Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. norustforthewicked

All things Flightliners...

Here's my crusty Flightliner. Before: Flightliner 01 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr After: 2013-02-24_16-04-23_354 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr
  2. norustforthewicked

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

Nice ride! Looks like it will be a blast to ride!
  3. norustforthewicked

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

Here it is, all done.......finally. 2013-02-16_22-15-14_475 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr
  4. norustforthewicked

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

Thanks Skipton! I can't wait to get it finished AND for nicer weather so I can take it for a spin. :D
  5. norustforthewicked

LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

Picked up this baddy a few weeks ago. Not sure of the year because I've been too busy tinkering with it to bother trying to find info on it haha. Elgin by BikeSnot1, on Flickr Elgin2 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr This is where I'm at with it so far. Still needs a chain and the front fork is...
  6. norustforthewicked

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

Thanks! It's my favorite bike to be honest. The tires are Bell Streamlines that I got at WallyMart for $10.00 a piece. Yup, I'm a cheapo!
  7. norustforthewicked

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

Not sure what year my Flightliner is, but, here it is in all of it's crusty glory..... 2012-12-16_11-24-42_510 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr
  8. norustforthewicked

Lets see your Columbia's!

This is my '57 Goodyear Hi-Way Patrol Special. 2012-11-11_14-49-52_399 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr
  9. norustforthewicked

**higgins project**

Awesome bike! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
  10. norustforthewicked

Not a fresh find but.......

I love the sprocket. It cleaned up quite nicely after I plopped it into the ultra-sonic cleaner at my old job. It's a three piece with loose ball bearings. It was a pain getting it back together without losing any balls. I love finding roadside trash night treasures! :D
  11. norustforthewicked

Why thank you. I can't wait to get it finished so I can ride it.
  12. norustforthewicked

Picked up this little nugget o' crustiness......

Woah! That's a lot of bikes! I was selling the bike minus tank and rear rack. My girlfriend saw it in the garage today and has since claimed it lol. No worries, it's pretty awesome that she also loves old bikes. She just hates when I spend a bunch of money on them haha. So I'll probably spend...
  13. norustforthewicked

I found this old Austrian Higgins when I was working in NJ. I was on my way to work one night and saw a bike in a pile of trash. Of course I had to stop and save it. 2012-10-02_09-49-52_633 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr When I got the bike home the next morning I immediately began to tear it down...
  14. norustforthewicked

I agree with you 100%. Sadly I have no use for a 24" bike. If I had a mini-me it would be a totally different ball game. I'd trick it out all sorts of awesome then. Thanks, I only wish it were 26". I'd clean it up and ride it until the fenders fall off if it were.
  15. norustforthewicked

Snagged this 24" Murray Missile today. I plan on parting it out in the next few weeks so for anyone that lives in the Allentown, PA area or nearby, keep your eyes peeled. 3F33Hc3ld5W15F65Hdcbmdc8f2292cd061701 by BikeSnot1, on Flickr 3Kd3Me3F95I85Ee5J6cbm15441964bc491d42 by BikeSnot1, on...
  16. norustforthewicked

What would be a realistic offer for this bike?

I wouldn't pay more than $150.00, I'm a cheapo. It is an awesome bike, but not $500.00 awesome. BTW, if anyone that lives remotely close to Gettysburg, PA is interested, there is a Murray Missile listed on the York, PA Craigslist for $35.00. :)
  17. norustforthewicked

You've got to see this

That's funny because I'm supposed to go look at it on Monday. This dude seems like a royal goober, he made not mention of it to me when he emailed me today. Wait, nevermind, I just checked my email and he said it's sold. Oh well.........
  18. norustforthewicked

Spaceliner?

I agree, it is pretty neat. :) I'm in Eastern PA as well, around Allentown! I bought it from a guy at Merchants Square Antique mall. He wanted $100 for it and I got him down to $80 because of the missing chain guard and the rims being a little out of whack. He had a couple of other nice bikes...
  19. norustforthewicked

What would be a realistic offer for this bike?

Someone has watched too many episodes of American Pickers. I'd offer maybe $150.00 or is that even too much for this bike? Also, any ideas as to what it is? Thanks everyone! http://york.craigslist.org/bik/3426977412.html
  20. norustforthewicked

You've got to see this

I emailed this guy about the bike since I work in the town it's located. I noticed the bent fork as well and I was going to mention it if and when I go to look at the bike. I'd rather argue about it with the guy in person. Maybe I'll even take a few sets of forks with me for when he starts to...
Back