Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. driver bob

I name this Spaceliner "Dorothy"

I picked up this Spaceliner last year and for one reason or another didn't have time to work on it past tearing it down and stripping the rattle-can black paint from it. My wife wanted it to "pop" so last weekend I hit it with Cherry Red, then while the paint was wet threw ultrafine glitter on...
  2. driver bob

Another find - Cosmic Flyer

Never rains and then it pours... this popped up on CL this morning and I couldn't say no. Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer, rattle canned, seats busted, tires are rotted but the frame is solid and straight and the wheels can be saved. The seller pitched in the CCM Elan behind it as well... that's in...
  3. driver bob

One mans trash.... abandoned CCM Apache frame

Got detoured by some construction yesterday and ended up seeing this leaning against a mailbox in a subdivision near our house. Went back 4 hours later and it hadn't been moved so I'm sure it had been thrown out. Apart from the frame and chainguide it's in rough shape. The fork is extended...
  4. driver bob

??Scam?? Maybe?? 1970 AMF Wedge.

I'd been watching this 1970AMF Wedge on ebay for 5 days, auction finished last Saturday. It had no bids on it at $50 so I pitched some dollars at it, wouldn't you know it I won the auction at $50. Being a good ebay'er I paid straight away, lunchtime Friday. At 7:30 that night the seller...
  5. driver bob

'48 Murray built Higgins

[/URL] This is going to be my first "old bike" rebuild. About me: Well I worked as a bike mechanic for years so know how to pull apart and rebuild bikes, though single speed, rigid mountain bikes are my regular rides. I found the Higgins on Craigslist (sold as a Schwinn) and it's a mix of...
  6. driver bob

Sold as a Schwinn but belive it's a Murray

Brand new here so be gentle with me :lol: Picked up this bike today, sold as a Schwinn but from a little research I believe it's a Murray sold thru Sears in either '53 or '56. Not sure if it's a Frankenbike or is original, not that it matters.... I'm looking forward to cleaning her up for...
  7. driver bob

Hi from Canada

Hey everyone, Driver Bob from Windsor Ontario, just south of Detroit. Been lurking a while but scored a bike today that means I can legitimately post here. I've kind of come around full circle with today's purchase. When I was a kid I stripped down my first bike to build a "tracker" and then...
Back