Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. the_undecider

1942 DP Harris Black Beauty

These are definitely a thicker, softer rubber than the original grips from the era. I wouldn't mind finding something closer to the genuine article.
  2. the_undecider

Thanks! The grips are "Fenix" brand from Amazon.
  3. the_undecider

I picked up this Snyder built (Michigan City, IN) DP Harris with a Black Beauty head badge a few weeks ago. Guy I bought it from dug it out of his parents' shed in El Paso and it still wears a 1950 El Paso bicycle license. Based on how the bike looked, I fon't think it's been on the roaf since...
  4. the_undecider

5. the_undecider

Huffy Timberwolf better than average early 90's Huffy - Pic Heavy

I spotted one of these at an area Goodwill a few days ago for $20. Almost bought it because it had a nice new set of Specialized Hardrocker tires. I have been collecting some vintage mtbs, but I wasn't sure what I would do with it since it's not something I would normally get. Still, I think...
  6. the_undecider

1942 D.P. Harris Black Beauty

I was really hoping to get a set of the chain link repops as a couple members of The Cabe seemed to think that seller still might be selling them. I private messaged and emailed him, but didn't hear back...bummer. Ended up ordering some repop Schwinn Typhoon Cords from Coker Tire. These were...
  7. the_undecider

That is awesome information! I had come up with the information regarding the NY factoring, but was wondering how the EH letters played in. I was wondering about bike availability during WW2. I had no idea about the authorization forms, but that all makes perfect sense. I loved reading that...
  8. the_undecider

Shucks, it's been a while since I darkened the doorway to this forum. I have been pretty much focused on motorcycles and 80's-90's MTBs, so I haven't messed with any sort of old cruisers for several years. It was a Facespace Marketplace find and I wasn't really looking for something like...
  9. the_undecider

New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

That Kawasaki is pricey at $487. You'd do better with one of the $499 Gravity fat bikes from bikesdirect.
  10. the_undecider

Interesting New 2015 Electra Moto-Klunker

$550 for the single speed and $660 for the 3 speed per this link: http://bicycletimesmag.com/first-look-electra-moto-cruiser/
  11. the_undecider

My local shop said it appears to be one size only. It was about a month ago I asked and the bike's weren't ready for orders, so maybe they didn't know yet. I planned to ask again this month when I was advised they would start shipping. Maybe someone else knows for sure.
  12. the_undecider

I got a bit more info from my LBS. Looks like these will be hitting dealers sometime in October. The bummer for me is that they're not going to make different frame sizes like I was hoping. I was thinking maybe a simple offering of 3 sizes would be possible. I'll still check one out, but it may...
  13. the_undecider

This bike appears to have some off-road chops, so I think they are trying to keep the handling reasonably quick, so that would be one reason not to go long and low with it. Using 29er wheels allows them to build a bike with a shorter head tube than you would with a 26, particularly on larger...
  14. the_undecider

I don't have any specific info, but usually sept-oct is when new models start trickling in.
  15. the_undecider

I'm thinking a set of Al's Rapid Transit bars and a Brooks saddle would be perfect
  16. the_undecider

I dug up some more info. So, this is called the "Moto." My thread title was written before I had this info, so good guess on my part. This will be a 29er available in single speed ($499) or 3 speed internal ($599). Here's another shot:
  17. the_undecider

I like one of the local shops on Facebook and they posted some photos taken at the Trek dealer event where new products were revealed. As many know, Trek has acquired Electra and this caught my eye: I have no details on spec and this is the only pic, but I like what I see.
  18. the_undecider

Huffy Beach Buggy

Reminds me of the Hanna Barbera cartoon Speed Buggy:
  19. the_undecider

Cog Ratio for Single Speed

I run a 38/16 which is right around 62 gear inches. It has a decent top end without being too difficult up hills. The stock 38/18 ratio (55 inch) was great starting up and up hills, but I spun out too quick. I'd like to try 38/17, but haven't run across a 3/32" coaster cog. I'm too cheap to...
  20. the_undecider

Not exactly fresh...but it does have 2 wheels

Sure wasn't me, but not too far away from here near ATX.
Back