Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. tailhole

Schwinn Pre War Klunker

I'm very interested in that frame if you decide to go a different route.
  2. tailhole

1936 Schwinn Tall Straightbar Rat Racer

Flipped the seat post around and switched the bars again, this time with a long motorbike stem. Liking the feel of the ride.
  3. tailhole

1937 Schwinn

Thanks. I got both of these guys near ridable yesterday (need bb/headset parts for both).
  4. tailhole

Victor Truss 1917-18

5. tailhole

1937 Schwinn

6. tailhole

Victor Truss 1917-18

Mocking it up. Need to put a chain on it (it's long - 20" from center of bb to center of rear dropouts) and lube and make some adjustments to the headset and bottom bracket. Think I'm going to try these tiller bars on it.
  7. tailhole

47 columbia ratty roddy....project bike...

coolmancool
  8. tailhole

1934 Schwinn tall

40 miles all the time. It's a quick, comfy ride. 26 teeth up front and 9 in the back. It's one of the best riding bikes I've ever had. The tall frame fits me better (5'11") and the cockpit feels nice and roomy. Brian, I agree and broke some of that homemade stand holder doing some...
  9. tailhole

Victor Truss 1917-18

Found this informational photo. Now I know it's a Victor. I had a hunch from the badge hole layout.
  10. tailhole

1934 Schwinn tall

The packed gravel/dirt paths in this open space park are so nice to cut through. It's the turf these bikes were made for.
  11. tailhole

Victor Truss 1917-18

Got this from a friend. I heard that around 1917 the patent on the truss frame opened up and lots of makers put out their version around 1917-18 and that was about it, a one year explosion of copycats trying to emulate the race successful Iver Johnson truss frame. Then it seems most truss...
  12. tailhole

1934 Schwinn tall

Nearly 40 miles yesterday on this one. Only 10 or so today.
  13. tailhole

My Sidecar project

cool dude. Now git er up on 2 wheels
  14. tailhole

Columbia arch frame

Nice. You have a shot of the headbadge screw hole layout? How many holes? I am eyeing a frame and am trying to determine the make. It has four screw holes in the head tube.
  15. tailhole

1917 Iver Johnson

Thanks. Taking it to the track.
  16. tailhole

1936 Schwinn Tall Straightbar Rat Racer

Thanks. I can't stop taking pictures of it.
  17. tailhole

1934 Schwinn tall

18. tailhole

1934 Schwinn tall

19. tailhole

1934 Schwinn tall

Back