Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Awww

You know what this means:
  2. J

Leather Cord Handlebar Grips?

Does anyone know how to make some handlebar grips with leather cord/string like Beau has on his bike?
  3. J

I'm Backkk!!!!

Howdy everybody; I know its been a while. This summer was epic, won to trophies for the rat rod, have a bunch of builds backed up for the winter, I'm basically know around the world. This summer is started a build for a friend, he saw my bike at a show, so, he wanted one himself. So, after...
  4. J

Super Low aka The JonesTech B.A. BTR

How are y'all, its time for another board track racer build. Except, only this time, this is going to be the lowest and fast BTR that I'm build to date. Now I know some people wandering, is he making his own frame, where is he going to get his wheels and tires from, and where is his engine...
  5. J

My Old Friend Rebuild

Howdy everybody, I have another story to tell y'all. After the some what success of my first bike and my 7/8 success of my 2nd bike, I began to see that I was cut out for the bike building thing. So after I finished my second bike; a week later I was informed that my bike was wrecked but It was...
  6. J

Was it a good thing or not?

Ok I recently built a bike that had a top speed between 40-60 mph and the wheels that I was using were aluminum with a shimano hub. Was it a good thing that I used those that hub? Would it be a good idea to do it again(my brother wrecked my bike so I have to build another one.)
  7. J

Back at it again, the rat rod rebuild, done the right way

Alright y'all, its been a while. I built to bikes and with success. But recent bike I built my brother wrecked it, he's ok, so I need a new bike. With the half success of my first bike, its been digging and poking at me to rebuild by first bike. So now the chance is wide open, and I'm going to...
  8. J

super belt slip

I recently finished my board track racer and it has a seven horsepower motor on it. I have a rear belt drive but I have two problems. I don't know how to grind a keyway into a shaft and my engine torque keeps going through belts. Can anyone tell me how to grind a keyway into a shaft and where...
  9. J

gas tank problems

can someone tell how to mount this gas tank: and make some mounts to make the tank removable, in this space:
  10. J

coaster brake lever?

Is it possible to use the brake arm on a coaster brake hub as a braking mechanism?
  11. J

I need an opinion

heres my bike, should i run my belt inside the triangle or outside the triangle?
  12. J

jackshaft housing?

Does anybody know how to make a housing for a 1 3/8 sealed bearing without buying some pillow blocks?
  13. J

does anyone know how to mount this monstrocity

can anyone tell me how to mount a 26 inch rim to another 26 inch rim without welding
  14. J

custom bicycle and motorized bicycle designs, anyone?

Does anybody have and original custom designs of custom bicycles or motorized bikes
  15. J

theoretical top speed, anyone

Ok I need some help with some gearing. On my bike I want run belt drive but due to the speed limit in the city I live in anything under 35 MPH they can a. take your bike or b. Slap you with a nice amount of a fine. So I want run 26 sheeve on my rear wheel, a two inch pulley on one side of my...
  16. J

left side drive coaster brake

I recently purchased a new rear wheel for my bike but I have a question can you flip the wheel so the sprocket will work on the left side instead of the right?
  17. J

v belts and hp?

How much horsepower can v belts withstand before it begins to slip under power?
  18. J

making a fork out of steel stock, is it a good idea?

Would it be good idea to build a fork out of steel round bar for a motorized bicycle?
  19. J

how do you do this!?

I saw a board track racer rear wheel with a freewheel with roller chain sprocket on it. Does anybody know how to do this?
  20. J

jackshaft size

How much horsepower or torque; that a 5/8 bore jackshaft withstand?
Back