Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. W

Year of Hiawatha?

Well I did stumble across that list but I was a little confused by it. If the bike is a murry and I follow the "W" then it should be a 63. But what confused me is that in 65 they started stamping the serial number on the left rear dropout and that is where it is located on our bike. Thank you...
  2. W

Year of Hiawatha?

Looking for the year of this bike and also if someone has a site I can link to so you all don't have to do our dirty work LOL. Serial number is WG 3605-1732548 Thanks again for all the help, Nick
  3. W

Possible Schwinn Tandem

Get out to the farms and ranches and start sifting through barns if permitted. You might just find what you are looking for.
  4. W

Possible Schwinn Tandem

Thank you to everyone who posted on this bike. I am new to this and have learned a tremendous amount of information by posting this here. I will let the owner know of all your thoughts and we will see what he chooses to do with the bike. Best regards, Nick
  5. W

Possible Schwinn Tandem

The only problem I have with this being a homemade one of a kind is that two other bikes of this design can be found on the internet. Here is one of the links. http://www.flickriver.com/photos/izzie360/2997606960/ Nick
  6. W

Possible Schwinn Tandem

Okay, here is are pictures of how the rear stem/handle bars attach. Definitely look like after market welds although they did do a fine job. The above picture shows the two support bars on the frame that are in a different location on the other bike that I have seen like this. Nick
  7. W

Possible Schwinn Tandem

Also, this number does not fit a 1950's Schwinn as it is missing one numeral in the sequence. The 50's Schwinn's are six numbers not five. Nick
  8. W

Possible Schwinn Tandem

Okay, here is a picture of the bottom bracket with serial number. Please note that no serial number exists on the front bottom bracket. The serial number is only on the rear. I have seen one other bicycle similar to this tandem that was being called a Schwinn but one the two supporting posts...
  9. W

Help Identifying this Hiawatha

I will clean up the head badge tonight and post those pictures. Thank you for the great information.
  10. W

Possible Schwinn Tandem

Serial number is posted above the picture and cannot be found in the Schwinn list. The number was found under the bottom bracket.
  11. W

Stripping paint

Anyone ever use a sandblaster with silica sand for stripping down a frame of paint and debris? Thoughts? Nick
  12. W

Possible Schwinn Tandem

Another note is that the stamp for the code is irregular and large letters. When using the pre-war ID facts it seems to be from 1937. I will try and post a picture of the number tonight. Nick
  13. W

40's Schwinn?

According to the Schwinn serial code lookup it was made on 6/21 1951. http://www.angelfire.com/rant/allday101 ... odes2.html Nick
  14. W

Thank you. Is there a link to figure out the year and model? Also, are these worth much? Our customer wants us to restore it for them. Would love to find a picture of an original paint job. Nick
  15. W

New member from Wyoming

Hello all, my name is Nick and I am new to the bike world. My girlfriend and I have been collecting bikes around the state and will be posting them in the ID part of the forum until we get the hang and know of most of the links to identify the bikes. We are getting into customizing and...
  16. W

The following is another bike I am looking for help on. It has the Hiawatha name plate but has been painted with house paint. Serial number is H62782 AC or AG. Thank you for all your help. Nick
  17. W

Possible Schwinn Tandem

Looking for help in identifying this bike. The hand grips say Schwinn but the front plate is missing. Serial number is H28027. Thank you for all your help. Nick
Back