Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. CRASH

"Midnight Flash" - Huffy Rail resto-mod

What was that streaking by in the middle of the night?... Midnight Flash. I’ve been asked to whip out a show bike to compliment some show cars, and time is a bit of an issue because this bike has a date for a show or two. So, I’ve been conceptualizing this bike and starting to pull in parts...
  2. CRASH

My life lately

3. CRASH

The… needs a new name

I’ve been asked to whip out a show bike to compliment some show cars, and time is a bit of an issue because this bike has a date for a show or two. So, I’ve been conceptualizing this bike and starting to pull in parts. It’s a Huffy Rail. It’ll have a Twin Stick 5 speed shifter, and it’ll be...
  4. CRASH

Aug. ‘65 Schwinn Sting-Ray J33

Just arrived. The owners original childhood bike. It’ll be a complete restoration to restore its childhood glory! Update: This is a J33 purchased at a shop in Sunnyvale California in 1966 for a Christmas present. The father had fenders added and a Deluxe deep-tufted seat swapped out for the...
  5. CRASH

WANTED Huffy frame protector

You may have this and not know what it's for. I'm looking for one.
  6. CRASH

FOUND Persons banana seat pan

I need to build a banana seat, so I need to start with the pan. Derelict, unusable seat is fine because the cover and foam are going in the trash, so nothing nice. I just need the two pan halves. You don't have to break it apart, just sell me the seat cheap. :D The underside should have...
  7. CRASH

something wicked this way comes....

8. CRASH

Adding to a 20” muscle bike?

I am about to restore a muscle bike for a guy, and he asked if I could possibly make it an E-bike so he could ride it around car shows. I’ve honestly never thought of doing it. I looked on EBay and there is a kit with a 20” rear wheel. 36v, 250w. And I have to buy the battery as well. -...
  9. CRASH

1971 Huffy Twin Stick Mag Wheel

A new client reached out and wanted his very rare 1971 Huffy Rail Twin Stick Mag Wheel freshened up, take care of some issues, and add some goodies. Huffy only built this bike for 1 year, and for many collectors this is a Hoky Grail bike. Much rarer than a Schwinn Krate. Not as popular by the...
  10. CRASH

2012 Felt MP

My son got this bike for Christmas when he was 12. He's now 23 and going to flight school and trying to pay for it. He's curious what his old MP could add to his savings account. I don't really deal with cruisers so I couldn't tell him. What do you think?
  11. CRASH

Huret spring tension

Mechanics, I’m wrestling with a Huret Allvit that doesn’t seem to have the spring strength to pull the chain down from 1st or 2nd gears. I have the limits set correctly. I believe I have the tension on the cable set well. I have to nudge the jockey cage to get it to drop off the gear, and the...
  12. CRASH

FOUND Huret shifter

Looking for this Huret shifter that has the tab. I can’t delete this, which is dumb
  13. CRASH

My finishers

Just sharing a group photo.
  14. CRASH

ConTENtious

I found the 10-speed chainring on Ebay years ago. I liked it, so bought it, but never had a use for it. So for years I've wanted to build a bike around it. ConTENtious is it. Some of the features are a custom twin stick console shifter, 26" rat-trap, drum brake, suspended sissy, and dual...
  15. CRASH

Rams Horn Rail

This was built to match a big kid's actual Rail he rode in 1967. Although this frame is a '69, the bike was built to match the details he remembered so that he could have "his bike" once again. You can see how it came together here: https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/reticent-ram-rail.118941/
  16. CRASH

What about extending 3 days?

I hope I’m not the only one in this predicament. The current deadline falls on a Thursday. With daylight savings, I won’t have sun for pictures at 5:30pm when I get home from work on a week day. Which means I have to have my entries done by the 26th. But I’m out of town for the holiday...
  17. CRASH

Wheeling it in

I’ve put off mass wheel building for a while, I had to build a couple, but I needed to finish the wheels for the 4 separate projects I have going, and I really wanted to get all my other wheels built so I can sell them. This was my load of spokes I got after a huge amount of measuring and...
  18. CRASH

Half way till the finish line

Today, October 15 at night, marks 45.5 days done with 45.5 days left to go! Who’s close? I have a weeks worth of solid work left on one, and a good 6 months left on the other! Lord help me!
  19. CRASH

FOUND Murray Eliminator/Screamer Mk1 rear fender

Looking... as shown. Let me know.
  20. CRASH

FOUND Murray Rat Trap mounting bolt

Just need one like this From this
Back