Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Aluyasha

Raleigh made Western Flyer.

Just picked this up today. Saw it on CL with one distant photo. I was drawn to it because it appeared to be orange or coppertone, I had never seen an orange brit. When I arrived however I discovered it is actually a ridiculously faded red bicycle. Oh well. lol Here are some photos, hub says made...
  2. Aluyasha

Fall Photos.

My mom and I went for a bike ride around her neighborhood and I got some photos of my Raleigh in the leaves. My 1970 Raleigh Sports: And here is a photo of my mom's 1961 J.C.Higgins: Tomorrow I am planning to take my 64 Phillips out for a ride to get some outdoor shots of it. Plus I am...
  3. Aluyasha

English Western Flyer?

Anyone have infomation about Western Flyer bicycles made in England? I ran across a CL ad of a Western Flyer with british looks. Considering buying it. Here is the link: http://spokane.craigslist.org/bik/3365008771.html
  4. Aluyasha

Phillips Rat.

Came accross an ad on my local CL of a Phillips Cantilever frame rat. The frame is the only thing original about it. Perfect find for me though, I am a british bicycle kind of person and have been wanting a british rat that can fit in with the cruiser type bicycles around where I live. As a plus...
  5. Aluyasha

Cantilever Phillips?

I have been eyeing this bike on my local CL for a while now. I am into british bikes and Phillips is one of my favorites. :) I am just a little iffy about buying it because I have only seen a few british bikes with this frame style. Also I hate the derailer stuff, if I got it I would give it a...
  6. Aluyasha

Elgin Rat - Old Vegas.

7. Aluyasha

My Latest Find...

So today out of the blue I got a call from a guy that I bought a Raleigh Twenty from about 4 months ago, I did not even know he kept my number. lol He told me he had another Raleigh bike and needed to sell it. And I bought it. :) It is a 1970 Raleigh Sports mens. And it is in almost perfect...
  8. Aluyasha

Bicycle Decals?

Anyone here know someone who can make custom decals to go on a frame? How much does something like this cost?
  9. Aluyasha

Questions on Proofide for a Brooks saddle.

So I have a 50's B66 Brooks saddle that I bought a few weeks ago. It seem to have been neglected for some time now. I just got some Proofide today but am unsure how to use it. The Brooks website tells insructions to help form a newer saddle using proofide but I just want to help prevent further...
  10. Aluyasha

Western Flyer?

Someone on my local CL is selling a red mens Western Flyer I kinda want to buy. I am just curious what Western Flyer is it? Year? I was just thinking of buying it to own but I do not know much about Western Flyers. Any adviced welcomed. :) Here are the pictures the seller posted:
  11. Aluyasha

Bicycle Painter in Spokane, WA?

I am looking to paint my bare metal Elgin rat bicycle. I would paint it myself but I live in a apartment with no where to store the bike while it is being painted or drying. I want it to look somewhat original so the color I chose is a dark blue and maybe some white pin stripes on the fenders...
  12. Aluyasha

Help painting my Elgin.

So I have been thinking about painting my Elgin rat. I was going to keep it bare metal but color would really look nice on it. :) My questions are, what is an affordable way to paint it but still make it look well done? And what colors did 40's Elgin bicycles come in? I would like to keep it...
  13. Aluyasha

Elgin Rat.

About a week or so ago I got a bike off of a guy who posted it on CL. He said it was a Schwinn based soley on the handlegrips. I offered him $75 for it, at first he wanted to get more money for it but after a day called me back and let me take it. :) It was missing it's seat, was hand painted...
  14. Aluyasha

Brooks Saddle Question.

I just bought a older Brooks saddle yesterday and was wondering if I needed to soften the leather or do anything like that with it? This is my first Brooks saddle and I want to protect it. My mom told me she would use vaseline on her baseball gloves and leather horse saddles and it worked great...
  15. Aluyasha

Craigslist Mystery.

So I have been browsing my local CL and there is someone selling this mystery bike for $150. I like it as it reminds me of my Raleigh Twenty. He says he cannot find any info on it and neither can I. I was wondering if anyone just happens to know anything about this bike, I would like to buy it...
  16. Aluyasha

Rampar, is it worth it?

So I ran across a local CL ad for a vintage Rampar BMX. I know Raleigh made Rampar and I collect Raleighs so that is why I am interested. However I know absolutly nothing about these bikes, I did not even know they exsited until I found this ad. He is asking $50 firm. Opinions? :)
  17. Aluyasha

I finally found one!

So I have been looking for the kind of bicycle that I had growing up for a while now and I finally found one today! Just happened to be browsing CL and saw a ad from a thrift store about their bicycles, and under the pile was the exact kind of bike I had as a kid. :) It is a 2004 Wildcard...
  18. Aluyasha

Royce J.C.Higgins?

I know a guy who I am going to buy a Raleigh Sports from, I mentioned to him that I like British bikes. He says if I like british bikes then I should think about buying another bike he has. He calls it a Royce J.C.Higgins. Is J.C.Higgins british? Here is the picture he sent me of it.
  19. Aluyasha

Help with Raleigh Fork.

So I am having an issue with my 72' Raleigh LTD-3. It's handlebars and fork are very misaligned. I need to losen and/or remove the handlebars and fork to adjust them. I have been able to losen it enough to reveal the bearings on the handlebar side and the fork side. But that is as far as it will...
  20. Aluyasha

Raleigh Twenty.

Just picked this up today. He wanted $100 but I talked him down to $65. :)
Back