Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. W

80's Free Spirit????

Any info on this bike. Guy says its a Free Spirit from early 80's.
  2. W

Basement Find

Found this on Sat. 1964 Schwinn Fiesta. Looks all original. Rest of pics are here: http://public.fotki.com/NWVMM/bobby-bog ... nn-fiesta/
  3. W

Local Ad Find BMX

Found this in local Ad Pad. Not bad for $25. I do have one problem with it. Went to put new tires on and the rear axle is stripped on one side and starting on other side. What do I need to fix?
  4. W

Wet Banana

I'm getting a late start but I'll give it a go with this bike Thinking of yellow paint and redoing a couple things. Wish me luck.
  5. W

Craigslist Find

Found these two on CL. Not bad scores for $15. Roadmaster 7 speed for my youngest Team Murray 1000 I believe from the late 80's. Rear rim was bent.
  6. W

Wheel Question

I bought this bike at Pittsburgh Show today. Got it home and started working on it. Needed tires so I had a couple 26"tires laying around. Got front one on fine. Went to install rear one and it wont go on rim. Tire I took off was 26 x 1 3/4 and was trying to put a 26 x 2.10 on. Is there a chance...
  7. W

My buys today

Picked these two up at show today. Found these two on CL and the guy brought them to me at the show today
  8. W

Part ID

Any idea if this was on a bike at some point? Was in box of stuff my buddy brought me. One end opens.
  9. W

Frame ID

A friend of mine just gave me a load of bike parts. These frames were in the bunch. Couldnt find any type of ser number on first one. Included pic of front badge on second one.
  10. W

Coaster Brakes

Is there a trick to getting the coaster brakes back together and working right? I always seem to get the bearings where they are too tight to spin or too loose that they wobble.
  11. W

Question about bike

Anyone know anything about this bike? What do you think its worth? Its coming up at an auction next month and I might buy it.
  12. W

Magna BMX (Done 9-14-12)

I picked this up for $5. Just a frame and fork. Added parts from scrap bikes. Rebuilding it now. Tore down and stripped paint Color on frame and fork. Bars and crank will be black All pics can be seen here: http://public.fotki.com/NWVMM/bobby-bog ... stein-bmx/
  13. W

Paint Question

I have two bikes that are all chrome bikes. Want to redo both of them. Those that have painted bikes that were chrome what steps did you take to make it work? I have a buddy that has a paint shop/powder coating business that I can take it there to paint them.
  14. W

Newbie with a question.

Im new here so not sure if this has been asked before or not. If so please point me in the right direction. I have a 15spd 26" Magna Mountain bike I got for free. Id like to do away with the multi speeds and have a single speed. Sorta make a 26" BMX type bike. My question is how would I go about...
  15. W

Vacation Score

Bought this off Craigslist while on vacation in ND. Good shape. Oldest son has wanted one. Has been riding it all over town we are staying in. Gave it a good bath today. Are parts still available? Only gave $35 for it.
  16. W

Yard Sale Freebies

Picked these up free at yard sale on Sat. Schwinn Spitfire 3.0 20" 26" Autocycle. Actually works 26" Mens and Womens Magna Breakpoint 15sp
  17. W

Hello from WVa

I just found this site and do I have lots to look at. I just picked up a couple bikes at an auction for $2.00 each. Figured I'd make one a hot rod/rat rod bike. Here is what I bought. This is the one i want to redo Not sure about this one yet
Back