Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. chemmaan

Doub11e Up

Thanks! Yeah, I plan on putting in the rest of the spokes when I finish the build. It'll be a radial spoke pattern.
  2. chemmaan

Doub11e Up

Okay, so with Mother Nature being less than cooperative (45 and raining since Sunday) I've needed to carve out a bit of room in the basement so I can get started. I think getting the existing stance is going to be necessary before I can decide how much rake I need to add to the neck. I'm using...
  3. chemmaan

This weird "reserved" trend

My intent for the "RESERVED" space was to make a table of contents/update index for the build thread. I was thinking a kind of "Update #: What changed - Post #" kind of thing. But, yeah I hadn't thought about most of the returning viewers being sent straight to the new content. I'll probably...
  4. chemmaan

Doub11e Up

*---- Doub11e Up Build Thread Update Index ----* 1) May 1: Project plan & initial photos - Post #1 2) May 4: Front end swap and rear wheel assessment - Post #6
  5. chemmaan

Doub11e Up

At the end of last summer one of my neighbors gave me this Giant/DUB collaboration bike that he had hanging in his garage for a while. I threw some parts at it to get functional and rode it around the neighborhood for a couple of weeks before the snow started to fly. I like the low beefy...
  6. chemmaan

Secret Trike

Okay, so needing to have a full size landscape format picture cut out some of my options as to which bike I was going to submit. Having said that, I still think that this picture has plenty of appeal for the calendar. Using a couple of OCC choppers, a limo frame, a Joannou trike axle, and some...
  7. chemmaan

NERRB Mrs. Murphy's Donuts Ride August 30th

Okay, so I took my build-off bike for a run on Tuesday. First of all, Ian, those coke bottle grips are phenomenal! It's like having super comfy slim-line shock absorbers built into the handlebars. Anywho, I took it on a 22 mile run up to Adams and back. At around the 15th mile the bottom end...
  8. chemmaan

NERRB Mrs. Murphy's Donuts Ride August 30th

I'm in for donuts! (I suppose that means I should be in for the ride too.) I'll have my build-off bike with me, but I'm not sure if it'll be the one I ride. The gearing, distance, and number of donuts previously consumed may not form a harmonious relationship. I'll take it for a run this week...
  9. chemmaan

Frisco Flip (formerly Trike Trimmings)

I have to honestly say that I am both excited and stunned by the great comments and acknowledgement you are giving this build. Thank you!
  10. chemmaan

pearl white spray paint

That's odd; I've used Rust-oleum's "Pearl Mist" that I picked up from Home Depot. It's in a white and gold can with a coffee creamer looking top. I used it as a base in my Island Hopper build. I put a coat of purple Dupli-color Metalcast on top as a sort of candy. The whole bike pops...
  11. chemmaan

Thank you! Yeah, when I built my WCC chopper I used rivets on the tray for the ammo can saddlebag. That has seen WAY more abuse than this ever will and it's still going strong.
  12. chemmaan

Girls Girls Girls!

This one started out as the front half of a trike. It worked out well as a standard girls bike, but I loved the lugged frame and how it looked when it was flipped. It may sound like the easiest way to gender bend a frame... "Just flip it over." In order to get the "new" top bar level it was...
  13. chemmaan

BONINE BEATS.

I have embraced the streaming audio bug when I'm working on my builds. I got a Jam Plus Bluetooth speaker for Christmas that puts out a ton of quality sound. I bind it with my phone and run The Offspring station on Pandora or set up iHeart Radio. The iHeart Radio app is great because I can...
  14. chemmaan

This is a build I've been looking forward to for a while. It spawned from the parts I had leftover from my nephew's trike build. The lugged frame was crying out for two-toned paint; the flip was just icing on the cake. The square tire profile and narrowed mountain bike bars fleshed out the...
  15. chemmaan

Okay, I made it! I promised you that I would. The weather was giving me some heart palpitations, but I forged on through. We left off with the light, so pretty much the only thing I had left was the final paint on the storage box. I wanted a design that was going to pick up other parts of...
  16. chemmaan

For mounting the box, I wanted to make something that wouldn't entail more modifications to the frame. So I made some clamps that would fit over the frame. I grooved a piece of flat stock so that I could make tight bends. I welded on couple pieces of tubing cut in half lengthwise and...
  17. chemmaan

Wow, it's been forever since I did an update. It seems like life keeps getting in the way of my life. So here we go with a giant picture blitz. We left off with the seating situation. I wanted to keep the original bottom bracket open so that I could match it with the chrome inserts in the...
  18. chemmaan

Thanks for all the replies and encouragement. This is one of the projects I've been looking forward to for a while. So where did I leave off last? ...Oh yeah, the seat. Like I said, I took the leftover seat from my West Coast Choppers bike, a springer undercarriage, and an extra set of rails...
  19. chemmaan

Okay, so with my Ar tank refilled and some great weather I'm starting to make some progress on the frame mods. My first mission was to make some progress with the bottom bracket shell. I cut a piece of tubing down to the length I was going to need. I fishmouthed another piece of tubing that...
Back