Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. N

VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

Those look like Otis Guy handlebars and stem?
  2. N

Where can I buy this disc brake/freewheel kit?

This is a kit to bolt a disc onto an adapter, threaded onto a freewheel hub (instead of a freewheel). Disc Brake Conversion Kit http://www.bicycledesigner.com/cirkuit/seo-cart/front-end/product/image_gallery?pid=807 They have been out of stock for a long time, any idea where else I can buy one?
  3. N

fattest tires possible on a Schwinn Middleweight with S-7 ?

Thanks for the help guys. ....but how the heck did you know I haven't gotten around to putting the new tires on my wifes Schwinn yet?????
  4. N

fattest tires possible on a Schwinn Middleweight with S-7 ?

I just did the math, and discovered that I have an extra Schwinn middleweight frame, and an extra set of S7 wheels. Does anybody know the fattest tires I can fit? I don't want to switch rims, but I can puff out the frame if needed. It is just the "26x1 3/4" size that get's me. I have some of...
  5. N

1930s Schwinn board tracker

I am going to scrape the loose rust off the frame, and then coat it with phosphoric acid. This will put the T and A in Patina! But seriously, it will end up looking like a rusty blued old gun. Weinmann doesn't really make as many rims anymore it seems, they were bought by Regina, but...
  6. N

Schwinn 2 speed kickback hubs

All correct. A Bendix kickback will roll very slowly, and can even eat up the races if the bearings are adjusted "correctly". I leave them quite loose, even 3/16 play at the rim, just so they roll good. It seems to harm nothing, and in fact they seem to last longer and shift better.
  7. N

1930s Schwinn board tracker

Ok, I'm a little late to the party. My brain is stuck in a ditch on what rims to get for my new frame I am building. I have Fat Frank white tires, and a special surprise I have figured out for the front end. Kinda retro/deco/moderne/high tech hubs. But I need to get rims, and I have no clue...
  8. N

Newer Schwinns! Post em here!

Those new Schwinn aluminum cantilever frames are really nice.
  9. N

Schwinn 2 speed kickback hubs

I'll buy your old yellow gears if you want. You simply need to change number 31 and 34, for 19 and 21 in this picture (or the pic in the post above). If you look carefully, you will see the Blue band (overdrive) rotates the planet gears, and the Yellow Band (underdrive) rotates the ring gear...
  10. N

Sacramento Cycle Swap Meet FREE Admission Jan 15, 2012

If you have a bike that fits this description, bring it to the swap meet! "I am looking a for a Schwinn only, prefer frame and fork but I will buy a whole bike or just a frame. I think I need a "heavyweight" to fit fat tires, and that a "middleweight" won't work. I would pay extra for...
  11. N

new to this forum from Nor Cal

I have joined, because I am building a new bike or two. My credentials: When I was in 3rd grade in the 70s, I had the coolest bike in the school, and I made it myself. I got my neighbors Montgomery Ward "fake Sting Ray", and painted it with "Tire Black" paint that I found in my dads garage. It...
Back