Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Iron Horse

I need an ID, and an approximate date, please.

Guys, thank you for your help. As always, I am appreciative of everyone's knowledge and experience. Now to start looking for a headbadge and what color to paint it. Ha! Eric
  2. Iron Horse

I need an ID, and an approximate date, please.

Good evening! It's only been about 15 years since I have been "online" here. Color me ashamed... This bike was dropped off at my house this evening by a friend and co-worker. I had seen this bike resting in the back yard about 15-17 years back before I knew the family. I had asked about it...
  3. Iron Horse

Another job for me!

Salutations! That is a cool old step through, what make is it? I have always liked those rod braked bikes. Hope to find one in my price range some day. I went to the link you posted, from what I can make out, is that a steam powered woodworking shop? If so does it run? Some of the other pics of...
  4. Iron Horse

Columbia twosome and others

I was given this Columbia by my aunt and uncle who know I collect. I have a pair of chrome fenders that will fit, now, to repaint and decal, or leave as is?...decisions, decisions. and a few bikes that I have picked up over the past few weeks: Nirve Cannibal that I picked up from Kansas...
  5. Iron Horse

PorkChoppd Anniversary show and ride

Thanks and congratulations Kevin, we all had a good time. :D
  6. Iron Horse

I should know this one...

Cool! Thanks guys! Was Huffman the precursor to Western auto? Or just the manufacturer for them for a while?
  7. Iron Horse

I should know this one...

Ok, so I go to a local draft horse, buggy, junk auction because I spy with my evil eye, this tanked bike I think is a Western Flyer (they painted over the headbadge). I get there a bit after 8am because I hear they're starting at 9. They don't start till 10. I hope they will start at my end and...
  8. Iron Horse

Issue 10 Kickstand Mag

Went out to get the mail after work today and HOLY BATMESS BATMAN!!!!! there it was. After about two and a half years of quietly waiting, Issue number 10 has finally arrived. I got the "hero kit" too. Haven't opened it yet....It may be a mirage....Well, here goes. :?:
  9. Iron Horse

new kansas bike builder

Welcome to the site, your build looks like it will turn heads when complete. I grew up in Hays, and my parents still live there. This site will answer most all your questions, even those you hadn't thought to ask yet! I will give a nod in the affirmative to aka_locojoe, I found the club purely...
  10. Iron Horse

Bike Shop Bought Out-Pic HEAVY!

Re: Bike Shop Buy Out I would be interested in that two speed manual if you don't have a home for it. My JC Higgins has one that is seized.
  11. Iron Horse

Head Badge Nails/Studs/Rivets?

I started using small brass machine screws that I can get from either a hobby shop or order from Micro Mark. Depending on the badge or bike, I use either 0-80, 1-72 or 2-56 x 1/4". I bought both screws and taps from the hobby shop as the taps were cheaper there. And I was too impatient to wait...
  12. Iron Horse

Wheel Question

Ok, thanks for the idea. I will try another axle and redo the lacing again. Hopefully it will work this time....... :(
  13. Iron Horse

Wheel Question

I have a question that I hope to have some light shed on. I have built several wheels all of which have been for heavy or middle weight bikes, and have had no problems. Tonite I relaced a lightweight wheel, and have run into a problem. It seems that no matter how I work this, I always end up...
  14. Iron Horse

Can You live live with only a bicycle

I could possibly live without the vehicles, but I wouldn't be able to go to rides in other towns. I have only fueled up my car once since this April ("daily driver"), My pickup twice more than that only to haul bikes out of town. My daily rider is either a Flying "O" Monoco cruiser, or a Gambles...
  15. Iron Horse

Flying "O" Otasco Eliminator

I was given this bike yesterday, and I am curious. This bike can be modified by undoing the bolts on the seatpost tube and lowering the top bars down to the lower holes shown thus making the bike a girls bike (?) also the pedals are unreal small, and the seat is a piece of pressed metal! No...
  16. Iron Horse

Industrial trike

It's too bad that I don't live closer, I have one just like that, only your fenders are much better than mine and mine no longer has decals. Same color, seat and pedals though. I bought an internal 8 speed coaster hub for mine to assist with the weight. Stopping seems to be the only issue so far...
  17. Iron Horse

8th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Video Added)

Re: 8th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Photos Added) Just wanted to give my and mines thanks for a fantastic festival. We had a blast. Our thanks to the cooks too, the beans were excellent! looking forward to the next event.
  18. Iron Horse

Fender struts bent!!

I have had good luck using a smooth jawed vice to hold just infront of a bend and using my 12 inch crescent to cold bend them back into shape (this works especially well with twists) before using the hammer and dolly (rod) to keep metal stretch from hammering to a minimum.
  19. Iron Horse

Greetz from Jewell, Kansas.

My other half contacted them on facebook for me, seems that is the only way to talk to them. However they are usually quick to respond. The one that I talked to (via "her"), told me that they don't usually schedule rides, However they told her to post when we wanted to schedule a ride, and they...
  20. Iron Horse

Wichita RatRod Build-Off Bike Ride (Photos & Video Added)

Re: Wichita RatRod Build-Off Bike Ride (Photos Added) Thanks for a great time, Everyone in my little posse said they had fun and wouldn't mind doing it again! Only next time I should remember to bring a few small bills in case one of the locals hits me up for some spare change. Just to be fair...
Back